Dynamic Duo

"Give us your money!" Was yelled at them harshly. Bruce almost rolled his eyes but decided against it. He had seen these punks before and as soon as he was home and the boys were safe he would go back into the city and put the fear of Batman into them. "C'mon old man! Wallet now!" one of the punks yelled and pulled a knife. Before Bruce could begrudgingly put on his helpless billionaire act and hand over his wallet Dick took one step forward and punched the punk in the nose, making him drop the knife.

Dick caught the knife in his hand and pointed it swiftly at the other punk, "Back off." Instead of doing what Dick said the second punk threw a quick punch at Dick. Luckily, Wally was quicker and if Barry hadn't known any better he'd say the kid moved like he did, like he had super speed. The third punk pulled out a gun and as soon as it was pointed in Dick's direction Bruce had knocked it out of the punk's hand and knocked the man out. 

As their assailants fled Bruce glanced down at Dick while Dick looked up at him. At the same time they both exclaimed, "What was that?"

Back at the mansion the silence had been unbroken since the event in the alley. At least, until Barry spoke awkwardly, "I think Wally and I are gonna...uh...give you two a moment." Barry sent Dick and Bruce an awkward smile. Wally however looked skeptical and glanced at his boyfriend as if asking "are you sure?" Dick sent him a small smile and after a moment, Wally followed his uncle out. 

"How did you learn to throw a punch like that?" Bruce asked.

Dick shrugged, "I may have been one of the good kids in the detention center but that doesn't mean I've never gotten into a fight. Plus, I grew up in a circus; hate crimes were pretty regular against most of us so one of the strongmen taught me how to throw a decent punch." After a small pause for Bruce to absorb the information Dick continued, "And you're Batman, right?"

Bruce's eyes grew wide for a moment but he overall remained motionless. "Please come again? I don't believe I heard that right," he stated eventually.

"C'mon Bats. Honestly it isn't that unbelievable. I may have not seen the sun in years but I did have access to the news. It isn't hard to figure out who you are, or at least make a reasonable guess. You're rich, own a tech company, and not often seen around town. Bats is rich, has lots of tech, and is always seen around," Dick started, "There's tons of other clues that we can go over another time though."

"You're smarter than I gave you credit for," Bruce relented finally, causing Dick to smirk. 

"So Alfred made the costume right?" Dick asked. Bruce nodded. Dick smirked, "Cool, I'll send him my design ideas." As Dick left the room Bruce stared stunned at where he was standing before and what he had implied. He would never put a kid in danger like that but with Dick's intelligence and skill set if he were an adult Bruce wouldn't question it. Plus, after spending a little bit of time with him...Bruce could tell the boy wasn't one to back down.

Author's Note: Thanks for those of you still reading! I love you all so much and all the encouragement. Please comment how it's going so far and I'll work on uploading another chapter tonight since everything is going so slowly and the chapters are short.