Boys

"Found anything yet?" Robin asked through the comms.

"No, do another sweep of the docks then meet at the roof of Wayne Enterprises," Batman responded.

After the last sweep, still uncovering nothing, the two met up on the top of Wayne Enterprises.

"Yknow, I dont get it. How can there be no evidence of any assassins? It's like they all disappeared," Robin said as he jumped on a small wall at the ledge of the building, dropping into criss cross seating.

"That's because there is only one assassin in the city," the cloaked man said, climbing over the edge and onto the top of the building.

"The snipers?" Batman inquired.

"I just hired them. Junkies from down the street," the cloaked figure said.

"You're modifying your voice," Robin accused.

"Very good," the cloaked man praised before removing the modifier and taking off the cloak.

"Talia," Batman said with a growl.

"Oh, dont give me that Bruce," Talia taunted, "I know you wont do anything to me. The sniper fiasco was just a test."

"A test?" Batman asked.

"To make sure my boys would be safe," Talia said.

"Talia, you and I are not-" Bruce started.

"Not you Bruce," Talia said and walked over to Dick, "I meant Richard and your other son."

"Jason is dead," Robin lied.

"We both know that isnt true, but the other," Talia said.

"Tim has been on a foreign mission for months," Robin said, thinking about his youngest brother.

"Not that one," Talia said with a laugh.

Jason moved in with them shortly after Dick did. Then a little while later Tim moved in. After Jason died and came back Tim started going on some solo foreign missions. Jason was already pissed Dick told Bruce and Tim he was alive, but telling anyone else and his little brother would cut off his head. Jason now lives in an apartment in downtown Gotham and doesnt visit much. Basically its just Bruce and Dick again.

At Batman and Robin's continued silence Talia looked surprised, "So you really dont know. Our son Bruce. His name is Damian."

"We dont have a son," Batman growled.

"Oh, yes we do. Damian Al Ghul Wayne. The reason I set this all up. Messed with Richard's detention center boyfriend-"

"HEY!" Robin exclaimed angrily.

"-was because I had to make sure it was safe to leave Damian here," Talia finished.

Robin looked surprised. Suddenly Batman had jumped off the roof and disappeared, leaving he and Talia alone.

"Richard. You have to take Damian. Keep him safe. Have Bruce teach him," Talia almost begged.

Robin looked her in the eyes and knew she was desperate. So he nodded. A moment later a helicopter landed on the roof and a boy a few years younger than Dick and the spitting image of a younger Bruce emerged.

"Damian," Talia spoke softer than Dick had ever heard her, "This is your brother Richard. He will be taking care of you for a short while."

"I can take care of myself," Damian snarled. Dick just smiled at Damian though. Just like his other little brothers he'd take care of Damian. Damn anyone who would ever try to touch the boy.

Author Note: This was complicated and I'm so very sorry. I just wanted to establish Damian's character for something I have planned but it didn't feel right to do so without explaining Jason and Tim's absences. If it is confusing let me know. Basically, during the time skip earlier in the story Jason moved in, Tim moved in, Jason died and came back to life but moved out, and Tim started doing foreign missions.