And Then There Were Two

Wally anxiously paced across from his uncle in the kitchen. The two had just left an awkward situation with Bruce and Dick and walked right into this awkward situation. For some reason, Wally just couldn't connect with Barry like Dick had seemed to with Bruce. Dick had a better relationship he had with his family when he was younger before they died so Wally thought Dick would have difficulty adjusting but maybe that's why this was coming so easy to Dick. 

Wally hated his family. It was just him, his mom, and his dad. His dad was a drunk bastard that barely worked. His mom worked as hard as she could but there wasn't much she could do to make enough money to feed them without an education. That caused her to enter some fields that weren't the greatest for her marriage and then she got addicted to a couple drugs Wally couldn't remember the names of. 

Most would have thought, "Hey, at least she tried. It wasn't her fault. It was the hand life dealt her," but Wally couldn't think that way, especially with the abuse. His dad beat the hell out of him when he was young and his mother just watched. Sometimes, Wally even caught her smiling.

"Kid, you okay?" Barry asked and set a hand on Wally's shoulder, stopping his rampant thoughts and his pacing. Wally flinched back a little. The detention center, with all the beatings there, had gotten him used to being hit without his warning and consent, but he couldn't help but flinch sometimes. "Kid, it's okay...I'm not gonna hurt you," Barry said with a realization.

"I know, it's fine," Wally muttered. He sat down at the bar in the kitchen. 

"So, I saw something back in the alley," Barry slowly started, at least, slow for his pace.

Wally rose an eyebrow, "And what was that?"

"You caught that punch pretty fast," Barry said.

Wally shrugged, "He was trying to hurt Dick."

Barry nodded, "I understand why you caught it and with your background in the center I understand why you know how to catch a punch. I meant the speed." Wally didn't speak and waited for Barry to continue. "You're fast aren't you?" Barry started, "You're a speedster."

"Look man I...," Wally began but was interrupted.

"You're a speedster like me," Barry finished. 

Wally was silent for a couple minutes before looking at his uncle in surprise, "You're a speedster? Like the Flash?"

Barry let out a laugh, "Kid, I am the Flash. So that catch...you're a speedster then."

Wally chuckled, "Yeah, science experiment gone wrong when I was younger. I found this notebook in my garage with some crazy speedster stuff in it."

Barry froze up, "You found my notebook...I can't believe I left it there." 

"Why was it there? I never see you around as a kid?" Wally asked, trying to be calm. It as starting to upset him actually. How could his uncle be the Flash but couldn't even save him from the abuse?

"I visited your parents once when you were just a toddler. Iris had missed them and we hadn't even known they had a kid until we got there. We stayed the night and I left my notebook. Thought I lost it since I so rarely wrote in it since it had been a while since the accident," Barry said. That only made Wally angrier. He couldn't remember a day in his life when he wasn't hit or beat up and a superhero didn't even notice.

"You didn't notice?!" Wally suddenly exclaimed, "For years I suffered there and you didn't even notice!" Barry didn't have time to respond before Dick had walked in the door, his talk with Bruce obviously over. 

"Wally?" Dick asked, immediately realizing something was wrong. In a sudden flash of movement Wally had picked up Dick and disappeared.

"What just happened?" Bruce demanded as he walked in.

Author Note: So much better than the last chapter! Yay! Hope everyone enjoys this. Comment what you think. 

Also, please comment suggested ships for Barry. I haven't quite decided if I will just pair him with Iris or someone else.