Back Off

*Time Skip*

"Hey Wally," Artemis said sweetly as she entered the mountain living room. Wally sent a glance to his boyfriend sitting in the kitchen. Every since they became Kid Flash and Robin, Wally and Dick had decided to hide their relationship from the team, since they both had different approaches to their identity it kept them both safe. 

"Hi Artemis," Wally said as he continued working on some AP Chemistry homework. Dick glanced up from his holowatch from where he was working in the mountain kitchen. 

"Are you doing anything later?" Artemis asked as she sat beside him, awfully too close for Dick's taste.

Apparently Wally didn't get what Artemis was getting at and answered truthfully, "Don't think so. I have patrol later on though."

"Wanna grab dinner?" Artemis asked.

"Sure, should I get the team together?" Wally asked as he stood up. Dick almost started laughing at that and couldn't tell if Wally was faking after he realized she was asking for a date or if he was really that oblivious.

Artemis's mouth hung open a little before she pulled herself together, "I meant just us. A date numbskull." Dick glanced over and saw the surprise in Wally's eyes. Apparently he really was shocked.

"Look, Artemis, I..." Wally started, "I don't like you that way."

"But...what's the harm?" Artemis asked. Dick let out a growl. She just wasn't going to stop pressing.

"Artemis, I really don't like you that way," Wally said firmly.

"Why not?!" She exclaimed, drawing the attention of all the other team members scattered around the living and kitchen area. 

"Cause I'm gay!" Wally responded, louder than he should have especially since the entire team was standing around. Artemis didn't say anything for a moment and was completely frozen. Then she stormed off.

M'gann slowly walked over to Wally, "Uh, Wally, what is gay?" She said in in a genuinely curious way, rather than mean. Wally smiled at her brightly and smiled even more as Conner walked over with the same question. 

"It, uh, it means I'm not interested in dating someone of a different sex. I don't like girls. I like boys," Wally explained slowly.

"Oh!" M'gann said excitedly, "Do you have a boyfriend?! Is he cute!?"

"Perhaps we should not bother him any more today," Kaldur offered as Wally looked little panicked, not knowing what he should say to that question.

"Thanks," Wally said awkwardly and then in a flash had disappeared.

Dick stood up from where he had been sitting throughout the entire encounter and made his way towards where he figured Wally was.

"Bye Robin!" M'gann called as she watched him walk away.

Dick walked down the hallway and knocked on the door, "Hey Walls can I come in?"

"No," Wally said jokingly.

Dick chuckled, "It's my room so I'm coming in anyways," and typed in his passcode. 

"You okay?" Dick asked and sad beside Wally on the bed.

Wally glanced up at Dick, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Why'd you run outta there like that?" Dick asked confused.

"I didn't want them to pressure me into telling if I was dating anyone because I didn't want to lie to them. If I ended up telling them I am dating someone they would ask who and I can't do that either," Wally said with a shrug.

Dick's eyes widened, "I'm sorry Wally, I just can't..."

"Hey, it's okay," Wally said and sat up to hug Dick, "I love you. They don't have to know I'm dating you and I know it's to keep you safe. I know you do it to keep me safe too. I understand Gotham is dangerous. It's okay." 

*****Kinda Bad Kinda Smut Warning*****

"I'm sorry anyways," Dick said and pressed a short kiss onto Wally's lips. 

"This perfectly makes up for it," Wally responded and rest one of his hands on Dick's thigh while the other carefully cupped Dick's face. "May I?" Wally asked and slipped his hands under the fabric of Dick's mask. After a small nod Wally pulled the fabric gently off of Dick's face and tossed it on the bedside table. Dick wrapped his arms around Wally's neck and pressed his chest against him while they kissed.

Dick let one of his cold hands wander under Wally's shirt causing him to shiver. "Woah, you're frozen," Wally squeaked. 

"Sorry," Dick muttered with a slight laugh before nipping at Wally's earlobe. Wally ran his hands up and down Dick's sides.

"You know I hate his costume," Wally commented suddenly as Dick pressed kisses to his neck. 

"You don't seem to mind the skintight material until you're trying to take it off of me," Dick whispered in his ear.

Wally turned his head and captured Dick's lips in his own. He could feel Dick take in a breath every couple minutes before returning to kiss him. Before he knew it he had Dick in his lap with his legs wrapped around his waste. Wally got lost in kisses until Dick suddenly backed his head up. About to ask what he did wrong, Wally stopped as he looked at Dick's silly smile. 

"Been a while since I turned you on enough that you started vibrating," Dick said with a laugh. Wally went beat red as he realized he was vibrating, any faster and he would vibrate through the bed. 

"Sorry," Wally stuttered out.

"It's nothing to be sorry for," Dick said apologetically before smirking, "I like it."

And after that comment was when Wally vibrated through the bed, floor, and into the cave garage.

As Wally hit the ground he could hear Dick's boyish laughter echoing through the mountain until it got louder and louder. When the laughter stopped Dick, mask restored, walked in through the door, turned, and locked it behind him. In a second he had jumped up and wrapped his legs around Wally's waist, arms around Wally's neck, and their lips were locked. Wally had to grab the back of Dick's thighs to make sure he didn't drop him.

"Wow, you can hold me," Dick said with a chuckle after he kissed Wally a couple times.

"You doubt me?" Wally asked sarcastically.

"Never," Dick said with a bright smile.

Author Note: Hey! Hope that didn't suck. I know most people probably don't talk that much while making out and stuff but I kinda imagine them as childish and silly and that is what makes that moment special for them. At the same time I imagine them as cold and scared and ruthless because of their detention center background so I wanted a big contrast in their characters. This was definitely fun to write. I'll do the next chapter as soon as I can. Please comment and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!