Chapter Six

Though the school day was ten minutes over, almost all of the students were still on campus. Anton had assumed a majority of the students would have left already. Striding up to his locker, he threw his books inside before slamming it shut. "Did you hear anything?"

"Little bits and pieces about a seminar after school for like a hundred certain kids to listen to. Everyone else has to leave the school, cause all after school activities were cancelled for this or something," Raven replied. "If we're going to the library, we're going to need to sneak in."

"Sneak into the library?" Clive questioned. Having overheard the last part of the conversation, he was left quite confused. "Why would you need to sneak in?"

"It was a joke," Anton awkwardly laughed. "Read a book at lunch, and now I want to check it out."

"Well, it's open for another...ten minutes," he said as he checked his phone. "You still have time." With a smile, he waved and walked away from the two.

"Look at you talking," Raven cooed.

"Shut up," he snickered. "Let's go. I have a plan." Whispering in her ear, Raven nodded and she headed out the front doors of the school.

Anton briskly walked to the library. Heading to the back section, he acted as though he was inspecting a certain book as his fingers slowly crept towards the window, leaving it slightly ajar. With his bag hanging by his side, he shut the book and walked up the checkout counter.

The librarian scanned the cover and looked up at Anton with a smirk. "Excited, are you?" she chortled.

Looking down at the book, he internally groaned when he saw he picked up a book on love and sex. "I'm a curious child," he smoothly lied while shrugging his shoulders. Snatching the book off the counter, he exited the library.

The halls were bare, no one around. Before the librarian could catch him, he quickly hid under the stairwell. The librarian locked the door and walked to the auditorium where the seminar took place. Peeking through the stairs, he ran across the hall as the doors opened, and Raven abruptly opened the door.

"You couldn't have opened the window a tiny bit more? I nearly scraped my wing off because of you," she pouted.

"I had to be subtle. Any more and they librarian may have shut the window," he answered as he locked the door. The two unscrewed the flag from its stand on the ground and shoved the rail between the door handles. For an extra measure, they moved a table to sit in front of the doors. No one could get in or out.

"Alright, where do we begin?" Raven asked.

"Aaric seemed nervous about me touching a certain book," Anton said as he ran over to a bookshelf.

"Aww, I saw that," she cooed. "He was being so sweet to you, I couldn't stand it. He treats you so right, I can tell. Are you excited to mate with him?"

"There will be no mating," he stated.

"But-"

"No...mating," he hissed. "Not until Azalea is gone."

Crouching down on the floor, he felt the large book he was pulled away from before. Tapping the top, he smirked. "Hollow."

"You don't think-"

Pulling the book from the shelf, the floor began to rumble. "Well, shit, I didn't think this would happen."

"Do you think they can feel it?" Raven panicked.

"Possibly. We just need to find the book quickly and then get the hell out of here," he commanded.

Spinning around, they spotted a small floor latch appear beside the bookshelf. Before Raven could head downstairs, Anton gently pushed her aside. He didn't know what was down there, and if something were to attack them, he had a better chance of fending it off with his powers than she did. He needed to keep her safe.

Pulling the mirror out of his bag, he held the mirror at an angle for Azalea to pick up on his reflection while also seeing what was in front of them. "How was school," she teased.

"I will put you back in my bag," he threatened.

"Too late," Azalea said as she began to walk beside him. The shiny steel walls provided enough of a reflection for her to be able to see and pick up on what was around them.

Making it to the bottom, a small stack of books was left on a shelf. The three looked around, seeing nothing but a bookshelf, a leather chair, and a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. "It's not as big as I thought it would be," he commented, "but at least we won't have to look through much. Azalea, do any of these look familiar to you?"

"The book Encanto," she answered. Anton pulled it off the shelf. "It means enchanter in Galatian. If the Bleeding Rosebud's whereabouts are written anywhere, it has to be in there."

"Bleeding Rosebud, you say?" a scratchy voice peeped from the top of the stairs. Anton quickly pushed Raven behind him, standing defensively before her.

"Man, I haven't heard of that in a long time," another screeched.

"Well, well, well," the one taunted as it jumped down the stairs. Standing at the bottom were the three hooded students watching him talk with Aaric earlier in the day. Just the idea of them getting anywhere near his mate caused his blood to boil.

"What do you want?" Raven demanded. She slowly inched toward Azalea's reflection, ready to touch her when necessary.

"The alpha's mate is a crossdressing boy," the third gurgled. "How pathetic."

"And his reflection is an actual woman. Well, this is certainly interesting. Do you think the boss would like it?"

"Very much so."

All three of their eyes lolled back into their heads, glowing white as they opened their foaming mouths to reveal their large and sharp canines. Their skin began to boil as they moved at lightning fast speed toward the two.

"Uñas envenenadas," Azalea and Raven said in synch. In an instant, her sharp nails became the deadliest weapon. One strike from her, and the poison littering her nails would seep into their bloodstream, killing them instantly.

The three glops of human flesh began to attack, but Raven transformed, striking down on one of them. Her claws pierced their eyes, and the revenant began to shriek in pain. She pulled the eyes straight off of their sockets and tossed them to the ground where they began to wriggle before disintegrating into the ground.

Anton continuously jumped out of the way. Knowing he could easily shift, his clothes would then be torn to shreds, instantly exposing himself before everyone as a man. He mainly needed to keep his reflection safe, and she needed to do the same for him. "Bola de lume!" he shouted, a fire ball instantly appearing in his hand.

Calculating the speed of the revenant, he tossed the fire ball at the beast just as it sped in front of his vision. In an instant, it burned up in a fiery heap before its ashes fell into a pile on the ground. For the final one, Anton merely threw the book back that he was holding and hit it like a baseball into Azalea's reflection. Her whole body glowed as she grabbed the hideous creature by the neck, extending her arm through the walls. She shrieked painfully loud, causing Anton and Raven to flinch. In an instant, everything was covered with the revenant's goopy blue blood.

She looked up and grimaced. "I think they heard that," she winced.

"Let's go," Anton commanded as he charged for the stairs.

"Wait!" Azalea commanded. "The book. Trono a águia Voladora, grab it. Hurry." Anton quickly ran back to fetch the book and slid it in his back with the Encanto book as well.

When he made it upstairs, he glanced back at the door in a panic as he noticed a group of people trying to get into the library. "We're screwed," Raven chirped.

"No, we're not." He flicked his finger at the window and forced it open, breaking the glass at the same time. Taking a running start at the window, he dove headfirst out of it and into the bushes below. Recollecting his bag, he glanced up to see Raven flying above him, and he ran all the way home.