Chapter Fifteen

"Dude, your mate's boobs are sagging," a fellow wolf piped up.

Inspecting his mate, Aaric did notice how her breasts dropped from her chest to her stomach. But he didn't care about that. "Those boobs are mine, thank you."

Growling at the insensitivity, Anton reached into his shirt and pulled the chicken cutlets out. "If you want my boobs, then take them," he stated as he threw them at his mate. Shaking the water off himself, he stood tall as he pushed his hair back. He could feel his makeup dripping off his face, but he did not care. His gender was already exposed.

Aaric stared at his mate, scanning him up and down. Scratching the top of his head, he knew it was Azalea before him, but she seemed to be different. "Your boobs are fake?" he questioned, slapping himself internally for asking the stupid question.

"Boo!" Raven exclaimed. "Worst mate ever! Boo!"

"Shut up," Anton demanded, no longer using his feminine tones to hide himself. Looking back at Aaric, he presented himself with a smirk. "My name is Anton Wood, and I am, unfortunately, your mate."

"Unfortunately?" Clive snapped. "Aaric here is the strongest wolf ever conceived. He is the best alpha there could be, and he would treat you like a queen. Yet you have the audacity to believe it find it unfortunate to be his?"

"I meant unfortunate for him because I'm his mate," Anton stated.

"Now why would I find it unfortunate to have my mate?" Aaric questioned. "Because you lied about who you were? I don't care about that. I only care about my mate and her safety. Or his in your case- our case."

"Well, cool, it's me," Anton said, smiling awkwardly, "but now is really not the best time to be mates, so I'm going to head towards Ash Fire, and you can head on home. I will be there to be your mate within six months to never. Depends on what happens."

Turning on his heel to leave, Anton only made it a step before Aaric pulled him back. "Wait!" he begged. "Please don't go."

The moment he felt Aaric's skin spark on his own, Anton let out a mewl. He gasped, yanking his hand from his grasp. "Don't do that," he demanded through shaking lips.

"What? Touch you? Hold you?"

Anton suppressed a moan. "Don't even speak about it," he said on the verge of a whisper. "It will not help us out."

"Help us out?"

"It's a long story."

Reaching out to cup his cheek, Aaric said, "If it is about my mate, I will hear everything."

While the rest of the pack kept guard over the two, Anton and Aaric sat on a log near the river where Azalea could be seen through his reflection. Raven perched herself on her master's shoulder.

As much as Aaric wanted to hold onto his mate, he could tell Anton would not like it, especially after the way he freaked over a simple touch. But his wolf grew crazy, wanting nothing more than hold his mate safe and secure in his arms.

"Okay, where to begin?" Anton mumbled. "So, I'm not human, as you can tell. You see, when I was eleven, a sorceress accidentally latched onto my soul in her attempt to break out of her prison in another dimension. She was locked in this dark room full of nothing but mirrors where they hoped she would rot and grow mad with only herself as company. Instead, she used one of the mirrors to try and break out of her dimension, but she wound up latching onto me.

"So, for the past nine years, I have never been able to see my reflection. I can see pictures of myself and everything, but I cannot see myself. Instead, mirrors or anything with a reflective surface becomes my gateway to Azalea, the sorceress. Since people could see her in my reflection, I took on her appearance so people wouldn't suspect anything while I was in public, which wasn't often," he explained.