Chapter Thirty-Five

Part 3 of 3 of the Conclusion!

"No...no, no, no," Aaric panicked. Internally, he could feel the death of Anton run through his blood. He dropped down into the glass and grabbed his mate by the head, cradling him to his chest as he wailed. Through tears, he kissed his mate all over his face, hoping and praying that he would come back.

Azalea snapped back to reality, tossed her cloak over her shoulder, and took a knee as she respected her fallen leader and friend. To think he was gone, actually gone, was painful. She always held onto the hope that he would still be alive, despite how he would soon die in a matter of a few short years in her dimension. But she was prepared to seek him out, talking to him daily until he did pass away while she lived on. She didn't expect it to occur on the day they finally unlatched, the day he could finally mate.

Aaric carried Anton out of the room in his arms, carrying him all the way back to the packhouse where the graveyard resided. A glass coffin was prepared, allowing people to seek him out freely for a week as they prepared his tombstone and burial spot. Someone was always there to pay their respects every day of the week, and Azalea decided to stay until it was time for the burial.

On the night before Anton would be buried, she stood outside with Aaric in the dusk and stared down at his coffin. At his dead body. "It's sad," Azalea whispered. "I thought he would have a few more years left- in terms of my dimension, before he would pass away. I never expected it to happen so soon. I was looking forward to the day he would be able to mate with you."

"Don't remind me," Aaric sniffled, wiping the tears off his face. "Is there truly no way I can convince you to stay?"

"I have my home in my own dimension. I intend to make a change there. We can't conceal our powers any longer, or else another revenant battle may commence in the years to come," she explained. "But I will do my best to stay in touch."

"I do believe I may have discovered a spell that will-"

The glass coffin exploded, sending shards at the two. They fell to the ground and looked up with wide eyes to find Anton dusting himself off in the pile of his broken coffin. "Geez, I'm gone for a week, and I'm already in a coffin. Do you really have that little faith in me?"

"Are you serious? You died?" Aaric snapped.

"Yeah, well, it didn't stick," he shrugged before pouting. "Honestly, I thought you would be more excited to see me here alive."

"Oh, you have no idea." Anton helped his mate up to his feet, and he was instantly enveloped in Aaric's arms. His lips were kissed by a hungry pair that refused to pull away until Anton was suffocating. When Aaric finally allowed him to breathe, he coughed out a laugh. "Nice to know I was missed."

Stepping out of Aaric's reluctant arms, he reached both hands out to Azalea and smiled. "I'm glad I was able to catch you before you left. I didn't think I would make it back in time to see you off."

Leaning her forehead against his, she smiled through tears. "Be strong. I know you're going to become an excellent man, especially with your mate to help you strive. I'm so proud of you."

"I love you," he sniffled.

"I love you too," she stated, leaning in to kiss his lips tenderly. When she pulled away, she handed Anton the dagger on her hip. He opened a portal in the glass coffin shards and took a step back. Before she headed inside, she turned to face Anton one final time before leaving for good.

It was five years in her dimension until he died. In those years, he grew up and lived a long life where he fought to protect and keep his loved ones safe. And due to Aaric's help, they found a way to keep in touch. Every day he left and received little notes through mirrors and other reflective surfaces for her. Though they never got to see each other's face once again, they only had to look in a mirror to remind themselves of who they were once latched onto.

And Azalea lived a long, happy life as well. Though she never found someone to be with, she didn't feel the need to be with anyone. She was a teacher, teaching sorceresses all over on how to unlock their hidden potentials and become the best versions of themselves. Everyone loved and adored her, and she died with her friends happy and free. In the afterlife, it was there that she was able to see Anton and stay with him in a happy afterlife with her and her friends, just as she did with his.

When the portal shut, Anton began to cry hysterically. With Aaric there to hold him and keep him safe, he knew there was nothing to fear. Life moved on, and he intended to live a happy one. "I know you're sad. Just tell me what you need, and I will give it you."

"All I want right now is to be with my pack."

Everyone was thrilled to see him alive and well. They celebrated their victory against the rogues that night, a party that lasted until the late hours of the following night. Though it would not be the end of their battles, they were relieved over how another one was over.

Aaric sat on his bed, watching Anton brush his teeth in the bathroom. Finally, he could see himself in the mirror, and though he felt sad, he was happy to finally see himself after a near decade without being able to.

Aaric stood up, leaning against the doorframe with a small smile. "I know you miss her."

"It's so strange to no longer be able to see her in my reflection. Instead, all I see is me." He faced Aaric. "Do you know how long I have been dreaming of seeing my face?"

"I know it's easy to think about the bad and the strange, but think about the good. There has to be something good you can think of," Aaric encouraged.

"I get to mate with you," Anton nonchalantly stated as he spit in the sink. After wiping his mouth with a towel, he charged at his mate, knocking him down onto the bed. "I want to be your mate. Make me yours and allow me to make you mine."

Both their eyes glowed, and they flickered off the lights. All night long they mated, finally becoming one, as three crows flew outside their window.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading this book as I have been updating it and to all readers who read it after it was completed. Really, just thank you for reading this book at all! I hope you all liked it. There is still more to come of me, so don't worry. Follow me for updates on new books!

Thank you, everyone. Glam on!