Chapter Eight

Anton slammed the door shut, locking three of its six locks. If someone were to try to break in, no matter what combination they used, they would never be able to make it inside, because the perp would continue to lock locks over and over again. And with monsters constantly on their trails, they needed to keep up as many precautions as possible.

Leaning against the door, he slid to the floor. "Do you think anyone followed us?"

"I doubt it," Azalea commented. "I couldn't see anyone from behind. What were revenants doing at that school anyway."

"Who knows," he groaned. "Could they have come from your dimension?"

"I have been locked up for nearly a decade. Do you think I get a newspaper every day on what's going on at home?" she sassed.

"Revenants haven't been in this dimension for...decades," he pondered. "Why would they suddenly come out now? Could they have seeped through dim? Could they sense your powers?"

Violent flapping of wings fluttered in the living room dimension borders. Raven transformed on the coffee table and ran to his side. "I don't think they were after you," she stated. "It was those kids from earlier, the ones who were staring at us."

"What did they say?" Anton urged.

She rubbed at her temples and groaned. "It was all mumbo-jumbo about how they wanted the alpha to open the library passage to get some book, and they figured that if they took his mate, he would do anything and open the door for them." She placed her hands on her hips and laughed. "Good thing you're not an actual human. You'd be scarred for life."

"Poor soul for whoever does have to deal with that," Anton shuddered. He asked Azalea, "What book do you think it was?"

"Trono a águia Voladora," Azalea answered. Anton quickly pulled the book out of his bag and slammed it on the table. "Careful with that!" she scolded.

"Why? What's in it?" he asked as he opened it. Between cut out pages was a dagger. Long and narrow, inside a black case with golden decals. "It's beautiful."

"Throne of the Flying Eagle," she said. "It's a powerful dagger. Legend says it can be used to cut through the dimensions, but with so many creatures after it, only the strongest can hold onto it."

"Maybe Aaric thought he was strongest. All mates are inverted with their colors. White with black, he must be one of the strongest," Raven commented.

"And once we separate, your wolf will no longer be the size of a man's eight shoe," Azalea added. "Even now, you are still the most powerful wolf of all time You still have your wolf powers and now your enchanter powers as well. You are one of the most well sought after wolves, and no one even knows it."

"Then that means my mate is always going to be targeted," Anton whimpered as he clutched the dagger close to his chest. "I can't let him get hurt on my behalf."

"Then you need to split yourself away from her so you can," Raven stated. She pulled out the Encanto book. "Let's get started."

Rather than help out with the search for the Bleeding Rosebud, Raven sat on the couch as she watched Mamma Mia, singing along with the characters. Anton sat in a chair next to a mirror, allowing Azalea to read over his shoulder. There was no sign of a Bleeding Rosebud, but there were many enticing spells worth memorizing.

"Well, there's one Aaric will be needing soon," Azalea laughed as she pointed out the comforting spell.

Reading the ingredients, Anton tsked. "I think we actually have them," he muttered. Walking into the kitchen he began to open up the cabinets were multiple vials of different ingredients he captured over the years laid. He pulled out candy curry leaves and dragon sumacs. He mixed them in a bowl with his mortar and pestle.