02 | t w o l i n e s

I gave Noah the simple directions to my house, hoping my parents and sister weren't home

I gave Noah the simple directions to my house, hoping my parents and sister weren't home. My mom and dad should be at work at this time and my sister, who knows where she would be. She was in her sophomore year of college and still living at home.

I let a breath out when I saw none of the cars in the driveway. Noah parked and I led him inside but he stopped in the living room.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. But when he didn't answer, I moved closer. He was looking at a group family photo of my mom, dad, me and my sister, Eloise. It had to have been taken three or four years before.

"You look cute here," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm, pulling him away. "Uh-huh. Thanks."

Once in my room, I set my backpack down and walked over to my dresser where I hid the box of two tests. I pulled it out and walked back over to my bed where Noah had taken residence.

I took them out of the packaging and quickly read over the instructions, making sure I did everything right. "Alright. Two lines means I'm pregnant and one line means I'm not."

"Are you ready?" Noah murmured softly.

I shook my head. "No, but I guess I'll have to take it sooner or later."

"Hey, before you do, what made you think you are in the first place?" He asked.

"My period was supposed to come last week and then I felt nauseous all Friday and threw up on Saturday morning," I explained.

He frowned. "Are you sure you didn't just have the flu?"

"I'm kind of hoping it was the flu," I admitted.

Noah picked up the box and took out the tests. "Why did you tell me now, before you found out?"

"I didn't know what else to do, who else to tell," I told him. "My best friend lives four hours away from here. I didn't want to put this on her right now. She has college to focus on."

"And you didn't want to do this alone," he finished for me. I nodded. "Okay, go take both of them; just to make sure."

And so I did.