12 | n o i d e a

We had the next two weeks of school off for winter break and I spent most of my time with Eden, staying at her house for sleepovers, going out to the movies

We had the next two weeks of school off for winter break and I spent most of my time with Eden, staying at her house for sleepovers, going out to the movies. My sister had called me and let me know my dad was still avidly trying to convince my mother to let me stay at home; but like I thought, the woman was stubborn and wouldn't let up.

Noah and I saw each other most days, he insisted that Eden and I hang out with him, Owen and Reine during the break, claiming Reine really liked me and wanted to be my friend. This was the first time I've been busy my entire winter break. I was always with someone; Eden all day and Noah during the evenings.

I had finally been called for an interview at Lola's and had apparently been exactly what they wanted, because I was hired right then and there. My first shift was the Sunday before we went back to school. There wasn't a certain dress code for the store, so I wore my favorite pair of high waisted jeans with a cropped pink sweater. The jeans were high enough to only show a sliver of my stomach.

It was a pretty slow day compared to when I had first come in for an application. There were only a handful of people who entered the shop during my short four hour shift.

I spent most of my shift being shown around the store and how to stock items from the back, as well as how to work the register. My supervisor for the day, Jillian, was sweet. She answered all of my stupid questions with patience and a smile.

Jillian was in her early twenties and had apparently just come back to work from maternity leave. She had a baby girl named Leah and a three year old son named Cole. The others I had worked with on my first day were all mothers or soon to be mothers.

It was welcoming to say the least.

Eleven weeks in and I was still throwing up almost every day

Eleven weeks in and I was still throwing up almost every day. It was exhausting being nauseous all of the time when I had other things to do.

Like waking up for school after a two week break. As soon as my alarm went off, I knew this morning would start with me on my knees in front of a toilet. I padded into the bathroom as quickly as I could with my hand over my mouth.