19 | r u n d o w n

Technically, Noah was right

Technically, Noah was right. They were altogether harmless; just a couple of mean girls who might spread a few vicious rumors here and there. But they wouldn't actually do anything to hurt me physically. That was the only thing that kept me sane during first period while the room seemed to be whispering.

When the bell rang, I stood up and Noah was at my side, ready to walk me to class. Kelsey, Bianca and Halston were suddenly beside us.

"I guess I was right, congratulations are in order," Kelsey smirked, pointing at my stomach.

I nodded. "Thanks." There was no warmth in the statement.

"I get why you must have lied. You weren't ready to tell anyone, am I right?" She asked, her voice sickly sweet.

Once again, I nodded and then looked up at Noah. He was squinting as if trying to figure out Kelsey's motive. "Yeah, neither of us were ready," his voice was low.

Bianca's eyes lit with humor. "Well that confirms that rumor, doesn't it?"

I felt Noah reach for my hand. I took it and gave the girls a smile. "Well anyway, thanks for the congratulations. See you later," I told them and pulled Noah down the hall. "Jeez, that was weird," I told him once we had gotten away.

"It was suspicious, I'll give you that," Noah murmured.

I looked over to Noah's left to see Owen trying to catch up to us. We slowed until he was by our side. "So, how's it going so far?"

"Lots of whispering and stares. But nothing outright rude or offensive, yet," I explained.

A smile lit Owen's face. "Hey! That's great! I honestly expected it to go worse!"

Noah smacked his best friend's arm, not so subtly. "The rest of the day is going to go as smooth as possible. Nothing to stress over."

"I forgot to talk to our ASB leader after class," I remembered. I was supposed to go up to all of my teachers and give them the rundown.

Noah looked over at me. "That's alright. We can go after school and let her know what's going on."

I nodded, thankful Noah had the sensible mind of the two of us. "I really don't want to tell my stats teacher. He's gonna be so disappointed in me."

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a cool guy," Noah reassures me.

I frowned. "He's my favorite teacher. He's been asking me almost everyday if everything is alright. And I've been lying to him!"

"Well I'm sure he'll understand when he sees and hears about the baby," Owen pitched in.

I nodded. "You're probably right. I'm just all in my head, like always. Thanks guys for the reassurance."

"Anytime," Owen winked and walked away pointing finger guns at us.

Once we made it to my second class of the day, where Noah had to leave me until lunch, he pulled me away from the door. "Text me if you need anything, okay?"