13 | c r a v i n g

After school, I had work over at the mall

After school, I had work over at the mall. I spent most of my shift helping out new mothers decide what bottle would be best and which wipes were best reviewed. My shift was once again, only four hours, getting off at eight.

Once I made it back to the Ross household, I had worked up an appetite. I found myself constantly in the state of hunger, even if I was only a little hungry.

I found Noah in the living room, on his phone, with the TV on Netflix in the background. I doubt he was even watching whatever was on the screen. He was deep into the explore page on Instagram.

I set my hands on his shoulder at the same time I shouted, "boo!" It caused him to jump from his seat and flung his phone behind him, landing on the carpet behind the couch. I giggled at how easily I could scare him and how concentrated he must have been on his phone to not hear me come in.

"Amara," he sighed, exasperated.

I was still cackling.

"You're too much," he continued.

I took short, shallow breaths, trying to stop my laughter. "I'm-" -breath- "sorry-" -breath- but then I started to laugh again. I placed a hand on my stomach where my abdominal muscles were starting to hurt and wiped a tear that leaked from my eye.

Noah turned around, leaned over the back of the couch and took my face in his hands.

Whoa-

He stared at me as I got my shit back together. Him staring at me sobered me up a bit, making me feel a whole new emotion, turned on.

God, he was hot.

"Are you good?" He checked after my laughter ceased.

It's just the baby hormones. Just the baby hormones. I repeated in my head until I felt the blush on my cheeks disappear. "I'm fine," I squeaked.

Noah kept his hands firmly on my cheeks and to be quite honest, I didn't want him to remove them. His hands could stay on my face forever if he wanted.

"Are you hungry, Amara?" Anna asked, interrupting a moment without realizing it.

I turned around abruptly, knocking Noah's hands away, unintentionally. The warmth from his hands were replaced by the hot blush that had returned to my cheeks. "Starved," I told his mother, with an awkward smile.

She didn't seem to notice. Or at least she pretended not to. "Alright, we waited for you to get home to eat. I'll go set up the table."

"You really didn't have to wait for me. It's already almost 8:30," I told Anna in an apologetic voice.

She waved her hand, dismissing my guilt with a smile. "None of us were too hungry. We can wait it out for you."

I smiled at her kindness and turned around to look at Noah. He wore an identical smile to his mother, and I wondered if the baby would inherent it too.