21 | p r e s s u r e

Surprisingly, the next month passed without much going on

Surprisingly, the next month passed without much going on. Kelsey and her friends stopped teasing me, although I felt like there was some behind the scenes shit talking. I still got weird looks in the hallways, as if it were the first time they had seen a pregnant girl. But most people tried to avoid looking at me at all. Like they were scared pregnancy was a disease they might catch.

But there were a few people that had treated the same as they always had. People like them were the ones invited to the gender reveal party.

It had been difficult to not find out the gender at the previous doctor appointment. I just wanted to know so bad that I didn't want to wait until the weekend to find out. But Noah reminded me how I had enjoyed his brother and wife's gender reveal party, and it convinced me to keep it a secret a little longer.

I had let Reine plan it out. She was really good with party planning and organization. And she had wanted to be the one to do it. I had asked Eden if she wanted to since she was the godmother, but she couldn't come down, thanks to her classes and overwhelming amount of homework.

Neither of us, Noah and I, could decide which gender we thought the baby was. Or which one we wanted most. I had a slight feeling that it was a boy but I wasn't sure. And Noah was willing to go along with whatever I thought was right, so I felt extra pressure to get it right.

Reine wanted all the guests to wear the color of the gender they thought we were having. And we were included in that. But I didn't want to wear the wrong color; I'd feel pretty guilty if I was wrong. I had even had a mini freak out about it the night before the reveal. I was throwing around pink and blue clothes, and trying not to cry out of stress.

Noah had come into my room to show me his outfit for the party and had seen me breaking down. We decided to both wear blue and pink, that way we didn't seem like we wanted it to be a certain gender. It made me feel a lot better.

The party was going to be thrown at Noah's house, obviously, since we both lived there. Although, I was moving out with Elle in a week. The theme was bumble bees, since yellow was a gender neutral color. Reine had gone all out.

There were the circular tables set out that Ace and Melrose had used for their party. Except ours were covered in baby yellow table cloths with little cut out bumblebees thrown on them. There was one long table up against the back of the house with the same cloth for where all the snacks were at. And then there was the box that held the black balloon with either pink or blue confetti sitting to the side of the table.

The only people who arrived so far were Reine and Owen, since they had spent the past two hours setting it up and making it look so cute. Tears welled in my eyes at their effort and really, I couldn't help it.

"Are you crying again?" Owen stepped up next to me as I watched Reine and Noah set up the snack table.

I chucked, wiping under my eyes to get rid of the tears that were about to fall. "I hate to use the hormone excuse but..."