04 | q u e s t i o n s

We made it to Noah's house at the same time, but I didn't get out of my car

We made it to Noah's house at the same time, but I didn't get out of my car. I was definitely nervous. What if his parents hated me? It's not like we were dating, but I was carrying his child, I was pretty sure the first impression mattered.

Noah walked over to the passenger side of my car and got in. "What are you waiting for?"

"Definitely don't want to do this right now. This will be the first time I tell someone other than you," I admitted.

He nodded. "Understandable. I don't want to tell my parents I knocked a girl up either. But- we will have to sooner or later. Wouldn't you rather it be sooner?"

"No. If it were all up to me, I wouldn't tell anyone until I was huge," I told him, staring blankly ahead of me.

"Just think about it this way, we tell my parents, they support us and it will make it so much easier to tell your family."

I glanced over at him. "I don't know how you put that together, but alright, let's do this."

Noah practically ran over to my side of the car to open my door for me and then dragged me to his front door. "Let me do the talking at first, okay?"

I nodded and then we entered the lion's den. The Ross home was nice. It gave off such a warm and homey feel, I felt like I had been coming here my entire life.

My heart dropped to my stomach when I heard footsteps come from what I assumed was the living room. "Noah?"

"Hey mom, where's dad?" Noah asked.

He was getting straight to it then.

"He's upstairs taking a nap, why?" His mother answered with a worried expression.

What if she already knew?

"I wanted to talk to you guys," Noah told her without a quiver in his voice.

His mother was beautiful. Her dark blonde hair was skillfully curled and her small frame was wrapped in a long and flowy maxi dress. And right now, she was staring at me.

"Who is this, sweetie?" Mrs. Ross asked her son.

"Amara," he told her plainly.

She smiled mischievously. "You have a girlfriend?"

"No," he put simply.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Then what?"

"Can you get dad down here please?" His voice sounded desperate.

Mrs. Ross nodded, dazed. She went upstairs and Noah led me to the living room and sat beside me on the couch. I saw him playing with a piece paper in his pocket.

The sonogram.

I placed my hand over his fidgeting one. "It's okay," I told him. Looking to change the subject and to take his mind off of everything, I told him, "your mom seems sweet."