New Powers and A great idea

Hey guys! I know I said I was going to update soon, but I have no idea what to write, so its going to take longer, so sorry because this chapter isn't very well thought out in my head, so yeah... consider this a back to school present. All Rights Go To Rick And Rowling!

Nico

When Percy got back from his detention, something was off. I couldnt exactly tell what. It could have been the fact that I was sensing Harry's invisibility cloak, since it had a distinct smell of death to it,

but right after Percy and Thalia had manipulated the mist and charmspoken "the chosen one", I knew that wasn't it.

I closed my eyes, and concentrated on the feeling as Harry stumbled out the door, a dazed smirk on his face. I could hear Percy filling Annabeth in, and them finally cutting the Iris message connection.

"You OK?" Percy asked tapping my shoulder, and I immediately felt it. There was something wrong with his life aura.

I focused on the strong sea green glow, which was now slightly tinted red from his extensive control over fire, that surrounded the son of Posiedon, and found that there was a small break in it. A tiny part was missing, right near the small of his back. I knew that the break in the aura and the achilles heel spots were a coincidence, but that was still dangerous.

A quick lesson on life Auras:(I'm making this up) Ths stonger they are, the stronger you are overall. If they grow weak, that means you're weak and close to death. If there's a hole in it, that means you are weak in the one spot where there is a puncture. Combine this spot with an old Achilles heal, and this was a recipe for disaster, aka death, in a demigod's case. The only was that this could have happened to Percy was an evil object from the depths of Tartarus, an object that had just so conveniently gone missing years ago, believed to be sold to some unsuspecting mortal.

"Nico!" Thalia sent a little shock through my body.

"Percy," I looked him right in the eye,"Part of your life aura is missing."

(I was going to end the suspense right here, but I decided not to, cuz im merciful like that! But heres something to look forward to. In the AN at the end, I'm going to reveal something big about the plotline.)

Thalia gasped, the twins looked at me nervously, but Percy just looked at me, his face expressionless.

"What?" he asked, his voice scary, like the calm before the storm.

"At the small of your back," I explained. "it's was where you were most vulnerable, so that was the spot it dissapeared from. You usually could withstand a blow to your old Achilles spot, but now, you're twice as vunerable."

"How?" Thalia asked.

"Long ago, in the depths of tartarus, there was an evil object, nobody knows exactly what it is, but it was stolen, long ago, by some unknown theif. The gods sent out their best warriors. Hecules, ares, Hephestus, The Hunters and Athena.

They were hot on his trail, so the man gave the object to a random mortal he came along, a king. When he was finally caught, the man gladly died, and his last words were, "You'll never find it now. It will destroy the one you will treasure the most!"

The object, whatever it was, as never found, and so it's still out there, and someone has used it on you. You will regenerate, but slowly. It will take at least a day for the aura to regenerate. Until them, make sure you dont get direct hits on your back."

He nodded, and thalia looked a bit guilty.

"Do you have any idea what this object could be? " Fred asked.