A Really Inconviniant Quest part 2

Ok, first things first, I spelt inconvenient really wrong, and my spell check isn't helping. like, at all.
Anyways, I gotta get this written ASAP, but I have this piano exam tomorrow, that I'm so not ready for, and my spell check is really, really, crazy. So, I'm gonna just write now...
All rights to Rick and Rowling!

still Percy's POV

"What!?" I was pretty much screamed. Outside, I could hear the fighting stop, and Annabeth's concerned voice call out,"Percy?"
I wasn't sure what to do, but definitely didn't want to worry the others, so without thinking, I waved my hand, stopping time everywhere but around Hermes and me.
I could almost hear Annabeth correct my grammar.
"You want me to go back to that pit?" I asked Hermes hesitantly. He looked a little confused. I don't think he realized why everything was suddenly really quiet, but he didn't ask.
"I'm really sorry Percy! Gods can't go down there, it's too dangerous for us, we have too many enemies, and I know you know Iapatus, so.." he trailed off looking pathetic.
"So you want me to do it instead?" I asked, my anger rising by every word.
"Percy, I have to get all my packages delivered, and I thought you'd like a chance to save your friend, Bob."
That was it. Hermes had just used the guilt card, and I wasn't ok with that.
"You," I started, poking the god in the chest. "you, you gods, you're all the same. You use your children to do all your dirty work, and you don't care what happens to us!"
"Percy, listen to me." he grabbed my by the shoulders, and sat me down on a Chair nearby.
"Please? It will be ok. I can use my powers to MAKE sure that you won't die. I can make you immortal for the day. and, if-when, you succeed, I can give you an amazing reward."
I raised my eyebrows. "have you always bribed demigods like this to go into Tartarus, of all places?"
"No! no!" Hermes sounded a bit horrified. "believe it or not, this is the first parcel to be sent to Tartarus. please?"
Since he sounded really pathetic, I agreed.
Hermes snapped his fingers, and suddenly, I wasn't scared anymore. I suddenly felt a lot more confident.
"That should help," Hermes said, then added," you can't die now. However, you can get hurt, but you'll bleed ichor."
I nodded slowly.
"Do I go now?" I asked.
Hermes nodded. "I'll flash you out whenever you're ready."
"And how do I get back?" I really didn't want to get stuck in Tartarus forever.
"You can water travel back. Just imagine being back here, and you'll be here. Here's the parcel. I'll tell the others after you leave. It will be easier."
He handed me a small package, and I slipped it into my robe pocket, next to my wand.
I didn't think Hermes knew too much about our quest, but telling two children of the Big Three bad news would be disastrous, and they'd probably end up destroying the castle.
"Actually, I have a better idea. Would you like to take a look outside, Hermes?" I asked polietly.
Hermes walked out of my cabin away from camp, and glanced outside. Seconds later, he turned back to me and asked," How did you freeze them?"
"Well , it's not them I froze," I told Hermes. "it's time."
I froze time again , then decided I didn't need Hermes to get to Tarturus. It would cause some awkward questions when I unfroze him, since I had just told him I could freeze time. Insead, I saved the explaining for later, and released time, then, before Hermes could say anything, I focused on a familiar 'sinkhole' in Rome, and felt my molecules liquify. I opened my eyes, and saw the gaping hole that lead straight to Tartarus below me, and the asphalt of the parking lot above us.
"Can't believe I'm doing this of my free will," I grumbled to myself before taking a deep breath, then jumping, Riptide in one hand, Ember in the other. It was about time I started using dual swords publicly.
The cold air whipped around me on the way down, and I just hoped that I would land somewhere safe. I had just realized that explaining the whole time thing to Hermes and probably getting teleported safely to the ground would be a better idea than jumping, but I guess they don't call me Seaweed Brain for nothing.
I remembered last time, where it had taken a while to hit the ground.
"I guess I have to hang out for a bit," I told myself, speaking out loud, since there was nobody to really hear me. I recapped my two pens, and pulled out my wand, wondering if it still worked.
It did. The spell I cast to make red sparks worked perfectly, so I muttered," lumos," and the pit was instantly brighter.
Seeing nothing else to do, I curled up as best as I could in midair, and decided to rest for a while. I could use my magic to cushion the fall when I was about to hit the ground. I would probably be awake by then. And, my nightmares about Tartarus would have to stop when I was back in Tartarus, right?
Wrong!
They were still there, with Bob, Dameson and Small Bob yelling that I'd abandoned them and that I was a horrible friend, with the spirit of the pit nearby. Annabeth's dead body lay metres away, but I couldn't seem to get closer to it.
I awoke just in time to see the ground approaching. I immediately pulled out my wand, muttering the spell to slow my fall, but nothing happened.
I slammed into the ground at full speed, right on my back. Pain flared through my back, and I gasped.
Sleeping on the way down a pit to Tartarus. I really wasn't making good choices today.
I groaned, and got up slowly, only to notice that the ground I had just been lying on was covered in gold blood, ichor.
The thought that godly blood was flowing through my veins, even if only for a few hours, filled me with confidence, as well another feeling I couldn't quite place. Unsettlement, I realized.
There was something about this sudden close tie with the gods tht deeply disturbed me, but I didn't have time to ponder rhat, because my back was starting to grow numb. I quickly nibbled a bit off the edge of the ambrosia bar I always kept in my pocket, and, feeling better, I started to walk. A quick glance behind me told me that, just my luck, I had missed the Cochytus by a few metres. Even misery would have been a better option. The fall wasn't as bad as it should have been, probably thanks to my new immortality, but my back still hurt with every step. I could still feel the shards of glass in it from the ground. The worst part however, was that I could now see Tartarus as I did when I was about to die from the arai, and it was pretty horrific. I could see monsters out of the corner of my eyes. Not just the normal monsters, but really scary ones, like the ancient monsters that lived in the depths of Tartarus, which is pretty much here, but every time I turned around to see what it was, it had dissapeared. I kept walking, ignoring the sulphurous air, which I knew wouldn't kill me. I had Riptide and my wristwatch shield activated, but I still didn't feel safe. I tapped my sheild, watching it turn back into the usual wristwatch, then pulled out my wand.
"Lumos," I thought, and the wand tip exploded in light, sheathing the dark cavern in a bright, angelic light.
I knew that last ime, it had been around a days journey to Damesen's house, which is where Bob no doubt was. If I ran, I could probably make the journey within an hour.
I began to run, glad to have a chance to stretch my legs and finally be free even if it had to be in Tartarus.
A little bit of alone time was a refreshing change.