Chapter 15

Me everyday of my life.

Error's POV

Error flipped through several stacks of notes, categorizing them at the speed of light. At the desk nearby, Nightmare transcribed the somewhat sloppy shorthand of Error's writing into his neat perfect cursive. Error watched, transfixed for a moment, as Nightmare's REAL INK PEN (he would only use the old fashion types) glided smoothly along the papers.

A knock on the door frame caught his attention, and Error looked up to see Cross lean in.

"Hey."

he greeted lightly. Nightmare looked up at the sound of Cross's voice, smiling. Error nodded in response, then said

"DiD gENo SenD YOu?"

Cross nodded in affirmation.

"Yeah, he says breakfast is ready. He also mentioned wanting to talk to you about something."

Cross sat down next to Nightmare, and draped an arm over his shoulder. Error watched, curious, as Cross avoided his eyes and rubbed his arms self-consciously.

He's hiding something

Nightmare paused for the first time in hours, and glanced up to Cross.

"Hey Arctic Freeze, sleep well last night?"

Cross went Frisk-faced.

"You were watching my dreams again, weren't you?"

Nightmare's shit-eating grin was all Cross needed as an answer.

"Sorry, that's my job."

"Perhaps so.."

whispered Cross, so Error had to really focus on the conversation to hear it.

"Well, lets give you a promotion, shall we? You don't have to just watch me in my dreams, you can watch me in real life~"

before Nightmare could respond, a voice echoed from downstairs.

"IF YOU THREE DO NOT GET DOWN HERE, YOU WON'T GET BREAKFAST!"

This prompted an awkward silence for a moment, then the three made their way downstairs. Cross jokingly pushed Nightmare into a wall, and Nightmare avenged himself by knocking Cross down in a slide tackle down the hallway.

Error smiled fondly.

My ship will sail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO POV

In the kitchen, Blue stood at the stove, scooping generous amounts of pancake batter into a frying pan. Ink mixed more batter, attempting to add fun flavors like coconut, m + ms, and chocolate chips, each being vetoed by Blueberry for being 'to unhealthy for breakfast'.

After Blue had scooped the batter though, Ink added sprinkles of the forbidden flavors into the cooking pancakes. Blue's eyes widened, mystified, as he scooped more plain batter in, and each time received flavored pancakes.

"What is this witchcraft?"

whispered Blue. Red , clearly amused, explained

"Well, Fate deemed Ink to be correct, and enchanted the batter to be full of flavor."

He waved hims arms dramatically to prove his point. Blue nodded in amazement, completely oblivious to Ink adding generous handfuls of chocolate chips to the pancakes, or Fresh banging his head on the table in laughter. Geno looked disapproving, but the corners of his mouth twitched upward in a smile.