2: So Over dramatic

Maddie scrunched up her nose at the smell that filled the streets of the Isle, that seemed to always smell like smoke and a hint of rain

Maddie scrunched up her nose at the smell that filled the streets of the Isle, that seemed to always smell like smoke and a hint of rain. But Maddie enjoyed it nonetheless, making her way skillfully through the Isle, to a shop where she knew she'd find the blonde haired girl. Sam.

As usual, the people did not care about her, so she walked past them with ease, as the smoke filled air began to smell of sea salt, and she knew she was drawing nearer to her destination.

There it was: Ursula's Fish and Chips, a restaurant owned by the sea witch herself but run by her daughter and her friend. Maddie had told herself it was not stalking knowing where Sam would be at any given time, knowing where she would be working in the morning and in the afternoon, when she went to school. It was not stalking. It was knowing.

Usually Maddie would watch through the window, watching Sam and Uma toss trays of food at the patrons of the restaurant. Sam would be leaving soon to start her shift at Hook's Inlet, then go to the classes that she cared about at Serpent Prep, then babysitting her brothers, Squeaky and Squirmy.

Sam fixed the beanie on her head, tossing her hair over her shoulder, before handing her last customer of the day his tray, and hanging her apron on its hook.

She walked away from the serving window where Cook would hand her orders and turned on the TV. The room fell silent as the people in the shop watched the TV in silent anger, waiting for their time to throw food at the screen.

Snow White was droning on about how King Ben would soon make his first proclamation, one that would "cause great change" that Auradon much needed.

Sam sat on top of the table she had cleaned, glaring at the screen as the other patrons of the shop did the same, Uma included. A boy walked through the doors of the shop, flexing his muscles ever so slightly, before sitting at the table Sam had just cleaned.

He tapped Sam's shoulder, catching her attention.

"Hi Gilly. What's up?" Sam asked, teasingly pulling his kerchief off his head.

"Nothing really. I got tired of working at my dad's shop." Gil said, fixing it. Sam nodded her head.

"I never liked your dad's shop." Sam said, taking off her beanie and pulling her hair out of its ponytail, shaking her hair slightly, causing her blonde curls to bounce back into place.

"Correction: you never liked my dad."

"Gaston is strange. That's not the word I'm looking for but you get it, right?" Sam said, tapping her fingers on the table.

"That it was weird for him to hit on you when you came with me to the shop?" Sam nodded her head, pulling her beanie back on. "And that was while we were dating."

"We literally broke up yesterday Gil." Sam reminded, flicking his head softly. Gil winced, his hand wrapped around her wrist, pulling it away from his face.