18: Drama

Maddie awoke in her dorm the events of the night before slowly sinking in

Maddie awoke in her dorm the events of the night before slowly sinking in. Carlos had used her. Mal had spelled her. Why was she to help them?

Because Quinn would kill you. Her inner voice told her. You don't want that happening.

Maddie glanced at the other side of the room where Gigi had already left and stated her day, getting to chat with her mother before Family Day officially began.

Stupid Maddie. Her inner voice scolded herself. Trusting the very people who would be the ones to turn their back on you? Scared of someone whose on the Isle of the Lost.

Maddie wanted to stop thinking. She wanted to run away from what was in her head. She wanted to escape it all. But to escape she would have to dreams and to dream would be opening another Pandora's box that she wanted to avoid. Her thoughts had become too deep, thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong. Her mind had gone for a stroll and dived into a rabbit hole. Her mind was in Wonderland, and she could never escape.

Her world was a mess, everything had been unhinged, all the secrets people had kept from her had been discovered, all the insults she'd revived over the years had cut in deep. She had lost herself in Wonderland madness. But she was okay with that. She was crazy and she loved it.

Maddie was jolted our if her thoughts by a knock on her door. She stood up to answer it and was met by Ally, Crystal and Gigi, and a girl she couldn't place the names of.

"Hi." Maddie said.

"You're not ready?!" Crystal asked, looking at her in disbelief as the four girls entered her dorm.

"Yeah." Maddie said. "I guess not. But I have my outfit picked out, I just have to put it on."

"Good. We're supposed to be there in ten." Crystal said, lifting up the dress Maddie had picked out. "Aww its so cute."

"Thanks." Maddie said, taking it from Crystal and entering the bathroom. Maddie peeled off the outfit she was wearing, quickly changing into the dress she'd picked out, and the matching leggings, before slipping her heeled boots back on because she didn't feel like choosing something else.

"Perfect." Crystal said. "Off we go." Crystal ushered them out the door, clapping and leading them to the courtyard.

⇆♤♢♧♡⇋

"Be our guest! Be our guest!" The group of student singers finished as the parents and students clapped for them. The crowd dispersing, going off to catch up with their parents whom they haven't seen all semester.

Maddie and Ally stood waiting for their parents whom were infamous of being late when the White Rabbit took the liberty to lead them to Auradon Prep as some sort of tradition they couldn't get him to break.