Prologue

Harry's Point of View

~

I sat by the window in Dudley's second bedroom. I had recently gotten this room upstairs because Vernon and Petunia didn't want to have to see me, as of this summer they have treated me like I don't exist. This is why I am grateful, even if I don't get a lot of food, they have not beaten me as they have in the past summers I have stayed.

Truth be told I've been thinking recently about Professor Dumbledore and Ron and Hermione. I feel as if during the past year they haven't been themselves, it was like they were forcing themselves to hang around me and they acted as if even my presence annoyed them. Professor Dumbledore even who last year had given me, on more than one occasion, a bad feeling as if he was going to curse me or strangle me into doing something he wanted.

By the end of the year I had really gotten fed up with them and wanted to get some answers from Professor Dumbledore, he had had a meeting with Professor Snape so I waited in the room next to his office. The room had been small and held one wall of paintings and one wall of bookshelves. in the middle of the room held a pensive. I hadn't done anything yet the pensive seemed to have a mind of it's own and pulled me into one of the Professor's memories from a while ago.

The memory I realised was the night of the death of my parents. After the cloaked Voldemort has made his way into the house another cloaked figure stood on the other side of the road, I recognised the figure as Dumbledore himself. He had been there that night, watched as my parents were killed and did nothing about it. 

When I had been brought back I was only just starting to realise something was very wrong, now that I have had this time to think things through I go back to that one night, the night my Hogwarts journey started. That was the night I rejected Draco's hand and friendship, we had become enemy's ever since and Ron and Hermione's burning hatred for the youngest Malfoy had only just influenced me more.

Now as I realise that the people who had shown me so much kindness were the people who were going to soon show me so much hatred. Knowing I have been played with and tricked, it hurt me, but I guess I am relieved I found out now instead of later when it could have been too late. 

I still have time to fix all the mistakes I had made over the past four years. After being able to sort out my thoughts I looked at the recently fixed clock on the wall telling me it was past midnight. I was pretty drained and on the verge of falling asleep. Making my way over to my bed I felt a burning sensation around my body, only just managing to lay down before passing out.