Epilogue

Cole Black's Point of View

"Cole Lillian Black and Draco Lucius Malfoy, get down here now or else we are going to be late for the Hogwarts Express!!" My mother yelled from downstairs as I was buttoning my black collared shirt up and tucking it into my grey pants. Draco was already ready, well except for his hair.

"COMING MUM!" I yelled back as I pulled Draco out of the connecting bathroom ignoring his protests. Interlocking our hands, I hurried us down the stairs and towards the lounge room where everyone else was. We were the last ones down here, like usual, and Draco's parents didn't seem too pleases with our tardiness.

The rest of sixth year had flown by so last and now we were apparating to the Hogwarts Express for the very last time. Draco had been named head boy and Daphne had been named head girl during the holidays. This year was going to be quite different at school but I was excited for the new change. Minerva would be taking up full time headmistress duties leaving an open for a transfiguration professor, a spot that my dad took. He would also be the new head of house for Gryffindor. Severus and Remus would be taking up their positions from last year and my mother was to assist in Professor Flitwick's charms classes as well as looking after the house elves and helping them where needed as well. Minerva had asked her if she wanted to take the position of muggle studies or something else but she had decided against it. New classes had been added into the timetable as well, such as martial arts, muggle fighting and defence, the performing arts and even actual cooking classes as an extracurricular activity. I had decided to take up martial arts since it sounded like a hardworking and fulfilling subject.

Over the summer the ministry also went through a change, lots of wizards and witches being sacked after finding out they were corrupt. Laws for equality were passed as well as laws allowing creatures to have the same rights as any other magical being. Me well I had been quite busy learning about all the roles I now have as an official Lord and Heir to multiple houses.

Right now, we were all set to apparate to Platform 9 3/4. All of us could apparate by ourselves now, since we turned seventeen over the summer, everyone except Luna who took Emrys' arm. Those two had gotten quite close over the summer. After double checking we had everyone, we were on our way, the familiar feeling of nausea sweeping over me.

As we landed on the platform, I had to stop for a second making sure I didn't hurl all over the ground. I felt Draco's hands gently massage my shoulders as he guided me to stand back up straight and towards one of the entry points to the train.

"Let's head in then" My father said his Black family robes proudly on display. I nodded and waved for him to go in first. The others followed behind him while Draco and I stayed back to say goodbye to his parents.

"Goodbye mum, dad" Draco said hugging the both of them, it was a little awkward as they don't really show their emotions out in public but they were trying and that is all that matters.

"Bye Narcissa, Lucius" I said waving at them back before I got pulled into a hug from Narcissa.

"Please dear, call us mum and dad too, after all, your wedding isn't too far away" She said winking at me after stepping back. I felt my cheeks so red as I looked down at my left finger where there was the most gorgeous engagement ring situated there. Draco had proposed to me on New Years Eve, setting up the most spectacular display of fireworks and a cosy picnic in the forest surrounding our home, Slytherin Manor.

The band was made out of black tinted silver and then small white diamonds lined the front of it shaped to look like the leaves of a vine wrapping around my finger. In the middle of the ring was two bigger stones, one silver and the other green that seemed to be interlocked together as if to symbolise that nothing could break these two apart, that nothing could tear Draco and I apart. I admit that on that night, a lot of tears were shed.

Our wedding was set for the summer, just after we would finish seventh year. Everything had come together in the end and everyone was here and alive and healthy. Not only would we finish off the year with a bang but then we would start the next chapter of our lives together, wherever it may lead us.

Both Draco and I hadn't really figured out what we wanted to do yet after school finishes but it was okay, we didn't need to know all the answers right now. We had each other and that was more than enough. Whatever we faced and wherever we went, that was unknown right now but it didn't scare or frighten us, actually it made us feel really excited to see where the world would take us and how our lives would end up. Maybe we didn't know the answers to the big questions in life but we did know one thing, and that was our love for one another. The one thing in life that we do know is that we will always be there for one another. Always.