Chapter Thirteen

Severus Snape's Point of View

As I lead the new students into the common room my eyes flickered over to the three new sixth year additions. They had apparently already made friends with my godson and Draco was usually quite closed off in regards to trusting others. I would have to ask for an audience with them and Draco later but for now I shall focus on introducing the new first years.

"Evening everyone, you have been placed into slytherin for a reason and as such you will continue to be the respectful and well mannered individuals that you are. If you were foolish enough not to observe by now then I shall remind you that the other houses at hogwarts deem us evil and unworthy of being magical beings, most will treat you like a piece of gum under your shoe so if there is any trouble find a prefect or head person to assist you. If you still cannot find a solution then come to me and I will assist you if need be. Also I do know that some of you are subject to less than comfortable situations at your houses and if you require my help do not hesitate to seek for me. Now I will not favour you above other houses, if you break the rules do not get caught. Your head boy and head girl will now see you off to your dormitories. Goodnight"

Will that I turned around and left the Slytherin common room through the door in the corner of the room which lead to my office. Before retreating to bed I will write a letter for the three new sixth year students and see just why Draco is so trusting of them. As it seems I hardly saw him at all during the summer and Lucius had blatantly refused to tell me the reasons behind it. Tomorrow I will most definitely be getting answers.

Cole Black's Point of View

After hearing Snape's speech to the new students, I had to give him credit, he wasn't as much of a git as I thought he was. Stupid bloody spells and potions. After the first years were sorted the head boy and head girl directed us to our rooms, both girls and boys were on the same side because they wasn't as many sixth years as there were other year levels. In the hallway it seemed though that boys were on the left and girls were on the right. Each room would hold three people and inside that room each individual would have their own bathroom.

"If I knew this was how things were back in year one I would have most definitely asked to be sorted into slytheirn." I said aloud as Draco, Emrys and I made our way to the third last room in the hallway. 

"Is the gryffindor rooms that bad?" Emrys asked as we entered the room. 

"There were five people in one room, the beds were almost touching each other and everything was just red and gold like someone vomited all over the place to be honest. At night almost everyone snored which would often keep me up for hours too. Going from a cupboard under the stairs to this crowded room of five people who I knew nothing about what extremely overwhelming. Sometimes I thought that being back in that cupboard would be better" I said honestly as I looked around the room we would be staying in for the rest of the year. Between gryffindor and slytherin there were some quite noticeable changes.

The room itself was actually quite large, the walls were painted a dark green and the floor was of  grey wooden planks. There were three double four poster beds which were black frames. The actual bedding was white and could be customised with whatever the student wanted. On either side of the bed there was black bed side tables with just a lamp accompanying it. About a metre away from each bed held the door to each of our bathrooms which were of black and silver colours. On the opposite side of the room were three study areas lined next to each other and above were shelves upon shelves ready for books to be placed on.