Chapter Thirty-Two

Unknown Point of View

The time was nearing, a time that I didn't want to come. Ever since coming here, to Hogwarts, my views and perspectives have been changed so much. Even looking at Cole and his small circle of friends now I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. How could I?

Something was off though, his friends seemed more protective of him than usual, especially that Malfoy child. Did they know about the tasks I was supposed to complete? No, otherwise I would have been confronted already by one or more of them. This seemed different, as if they didn't want anyone knowing about it.

Digging into the shepherds pie and steamed vegetables that was on the menu for lunch today I kept an eye on them, from a far. Cole didn't seem to be eating and he looked more pale than usual. Shock overtook me when I saw the Malfoy child lean in to kiss him. I didn't realise that they were together, in that way, but it seemed I was the last to realise.

"Young Love" I heard Pomona sigh quietly under her breath. I looked up towards her briefly before turning my attention back to the Slytherin table. If there was the slightest doubt in my mind that I would end up carrying through with the task it vanished into ashes now as I was confronted with memories of something resembling a past life, a time that seemed so long ago now.

I was screwed, I knew I would never be able to kill Cole Lillian Black. Something snapped in me at that exact moment and I was overwhelmed with memories that weren't my own, but soon they all fell into place, as if they were actually my own. Screw you Albus Dumbledore.

Cole Black's Point of View

It was currently lunch time and I knew an article from the Daily Prophet would be coming in extremely soon. It made me very giddy with happiness as to what was about to happen.

"Hey please eat something Love" I heard Draco whisper from beside me squeezing my hand which was entwined with his underneath the Slytherin table.

"I don't know, I'm just not hungry" I said scratching the back of my head, a little in shame, I knew the others were worrying about me but I felt like I would be sick if I ate anything. Ever since finding the entrance to that damned corridor somethings changed. I couldn't quite place it until yesterday when I was in the library and I heard some Seventh years talking about how anxious they were about the Newts and that they needed to take some sort of special potion to help calm their nerves.

I was experiencing heavy anxiety which was new to me, I had felt worry and nerves before but never to this extent. I think the main part of it was what I would find if I went down there. Would I find my parents chained up and begging for death, or would they already have been tortured so badly that they had succumbed to the darkness? But it wasn't only that I realised, it was also the uncertainty of Severus making it back, fully intact.

I felt a shiver go down my spine and forced those thoughts away to the very back of my mind. I looked down at the table which held a variety of different foods. I knew I should eat something since I didn't have anything for breakfast. My eyes fell on the homemade sourdough bread and I suddenly felt guilty. The house elves had put in so much effort to cater for everyone and here I was disrespecting their services.

I felt multiple worried glances on me and I sighed, I didn't want them to worry about me. I picked up two slices of the sourdough bread and placed it on my plate, buttering them and then spreading some sort of jam on it. Raspberry maybe. I took a bite of it and then another before placing it back down on my plate as I heard the familiar sound of flapping wings.

Grinning I took the newspaper from the black and white spotted owl and opened it, flipping it to page four.

Dear Readers,

This just in! Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, revoked of his title of Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot after numerous devices holding dark magic were found in his office at the school displayed as if they were proud trophies.

However, does it not seem suspicious that only two of his titles were revoked and he was not brought in and contained in Azkaban for a certain period of time. This is what would have happened if it were any other witch or wizard. I do question if the Ministry is trying to keep the constant string of misdeeds Albus Dumbledore has done hidden or if it is Dumbledore himself manipulating those around him so gets let off with lesser consequences.

My source, who wishes to stay anonymous, gave us a statement which revealed their thoughts on the topic;

'I do believe that Albus is manipulating people so that he gets let off easier because I have seen his manipulations first hand and how they have affected people, mentally and physically.

I implore the wizarding world to rethink their views on the current Headmaster of Hogwarts because there are layers to every single person, layers some choose to show, and others to keep hidden.

Whether or not they stay hidden could lead to our world becoming corrupt or our world becoming a better place, where everyone is accepted for who they are, faults and all. I myself was subject to such manipulations as have quite a few people I know personally. Here is one last piece of advice; Open your eyes.'

That's all I have for you today Readers,

Rita Skeeter, Journalist for the Daily Prophet

"This is beautiful!" I said a wide smile painted on my face.

"It surely is isn't it" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. Turning around my eyes widened as I saw who stood before me, whole and in one singular piece, no scratches or bruises visible anywhere!

"Severus when did you get back?!"

"Just now"

"You're okay!"

"Well obviously"

My grin grew wider, and that heavy feeling of increasing anxiety didn't feel as heavy anymore.

"So, he listened?"

"Yes, did you want to discuss this further this afternoon, after you finish the rest of your classes?"

"Sure, can Draco come?"

"I don't see why not"