Chapter Twenty-Seven

Cole Black's Point of View

It was the first official day of the Yule holidays and we all decided to spend it lazily, just staying at home and chilling. Fred and George were up in the library seeing if they could find anything to help them with their new prank ideas, Emrys was also in the library reading some tomb the size of his body while Kaelie and Lonny were in the kitchens, Lonny teaching Kaelie some new pie recipe.

As for Emmy and I, we were in the lounge area reading through the letters I had found in the Black vault. I had decided to leave the journals alone for now, I wasn't sure if I was ready to finally learn more about my parents and myself as a baby. It was scary actually, sometimes I thought would I be better off if I never were to find them? What if they hated me? Hated that I ended up in Slytherin? What if they decided they didn't want me and disowned me?

Sensing my inner turmoil Emerald rubbed herself against my neck trying to calm me down.

*I think they'll love you and they will be proud of the man you've become* she hissed from her place on my neck. I gave a small smile

*How do you know?*

*Well if they don't, I wasn't the snake responsible for temporarily putting them in the hospital* I let out a little chuckle shaking my head before my eyes focused back on the next letter I had picked up.

*Why would they be in contact with Voldemort?*

*How would I know*

*Touché*

Pulling open the ripped envelope two pieces of parchment seemed to be in there along with two vials of what seemed to be memories. The first piece was a letter while the other had the Gringotts stamp on it. Putting the second piece of parchment and the vials aside, I started reading the letter.

'Good evening Lord Slytherin, This is Lily and Sirius Black writing to you to inform you of a horrible event that has been revealed.

We came across this information unknowingly while waiting in Albus Dumbledore's office at Hogwarts but it seems as if the life you have lived has not been a life lived voluntarily.

Enclosed in this letter is an official document from Gringott's that confirms our suspicions and two vials, each our own untampered memories of what we have discovered.

We hope that you know we have your best interests at heart after reading this and we will be available anytime if you wish any further contact. Should you choose to not look at the contents of this letter, there is nothing we can do about it as we cannot force anything onto you.

Kindest Regards, Sirius and Lily Black, Lord and Lady of the most Ancient and Noble house of Black.'

My confusion grew even more, what were they on about? Picking up the next piece of parchment a gasp left my mouth. On the official document was a list of heath records for Tom Riddle since he was eleven years old. Compulsion charms, obliviates, glamour's, and magic binding spells littered the parchment like a disease.

So, Dumbledore had manipulated the dark lord as well? Well, should Voldemort even be called a dark lord anymore, shouldn't Dumbledore? That would explain why Dumbledore was there the night my parents went missing, I had assumed either of them would be responsible but now I think about it, it has to have been Dumbledore. But if I found this letter in the Black vault, does that mean Voldemort never saw it or read what was enclosed?

Should I risk trying to contact him so he can find out the truth? But even so would he be so insane that he would kill me as soon as I enter his line of sight? There were so many questions circling my mind, and I didn't know how to answer a single one.