Chapter Ten

Cole Black's Point Of View

I was woken up to a loud commotion inside my room. What the hell are all of those noises?! I opened one eye to see 5 figures surrounding my bed, when they saw I was awake they all shouted 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE'

I smiled at all of them and said good morning as I let my brain wake up as well. When I managed to get out of bed without stumbling I hugged each and every one of them; Lonny, Emerald, Draco, Kaelie and Emrys. I then pushed them all out so I could wash up and get dressed for the day. I had chosen a dark green silk shirt tucked in to black skinny jeans and black dress shoes for the occasion, sometimes the formal robes were too much of a bother.

When I entered the dining room I was met with a whole table filled with all sorts of breakfast foods. Everyone was already seated and so I took an empty seat next to Draco.

"Morning love, did you sleep well?" I nodded with a slight blush on my cheeks as Draco kissed my cheek. I intwined our hands under the table and starting eating some delicious pancakes and a raspberry and white chocolate muffin.

"How did you want to celebrate today Cole?" Kaelie asked after he finished her mouthful of sausages and sunny-side-up eggs.

"Well, I've never really celebrated my birthday before, I wouldn't know what to do" I confessed a little embarrassed.

"Hey it's okay, just think of something you want to see or try" Draco suggested and I nodded, a few things popping into my head. After another mouthful of pancakes I spoke up.

"Well, I've always wanted to go swimming, like proper swimming, not just mucking around on the shores of the black lake and maybe hiking in the forest."

"Ooo that will be fun, I do want to get to know the surrounding areas before going to Hogwarts" Emrys said clapping his hands together childishly.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea Cole, and maybe we could have a picnic for lunch?" I nodded excited to be able to do something I truly wanted to do for pretty much one of the first times in my life.

"Oh and maybe some shopping? Apart from the occasional essential needs I've never really shopped for the fun of it?" I suggested and Draco nodded declaring that today would be one of the greatest in my life. When we finished eating and Lonny had cleaned the dishes away, all of us went to grab the things we would need today, bathers, backpacks, drink bottles, snacks, wands, our money bags/cards from gringotts. Draco and Lonnie were just packing the food into our separate bags when Lonny spoke up.

"I hope you all have fun today, don't worry, Lonny will make sure that everything is clean and your presents are put in your room neatly" I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned a little.

"Lonny what are you on about, you're coming with us aren't you?"

"L-Lonny can come with Master Cole to c-celebrate his...special day?" At this moment Lonny had started to tear up as she started at me with her big, widened eyes.

"Of course Lonny, you are my friend and I will treat you as such, no matter if you are human or creature." Lonny then preceded to throw herself at me in a hug as she continued sobbing.

"Master Cole is too kind, too kind" I patted her gently on her back until she calmed enough to make coherent sentences.

"Are we all ready to go?" Draco called out from the front door of the manor. Lonny summoned a handkerchief to wipe her eyes and then all of us were out the door and apparating to The Narrows in the USA where an extremely beautiful hiking track and watering hole were situated.

When we arrived all of us were taken aback by its beauty.

The rest of the day was spent exploring the area, splashing water at each other, chatting and lying on the large smooth rocks, finding little caves and ultimately having fun

The rest of the day was spent exploring the area, splashing water at each other, chatting and lying on the large smooth rocks, finding little caves and ultimately having fun. This day wasn't something I was going to forget anytime soon, not I would never forget this, never. Being able to celebrate my birthday with my real family was something I always longed for, even though none of them are blood, they are still my family. The only thing that would make this day better was if my parents were here, they had been missing since that fateful, terrible night, missing, not dead.

"Love, are you alright?" Draco had sneaked up behind me while I was lost in my thoughts. I leant into his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Today has been so great and I am so grateful for this and everyone here but I still wish my parents were here, I just wish I knew where they were" I said sadly and I felt Draco's chin lean on my shoulder

"Do you know what I think?" I turned my head to look at him and I could see, in his eyes, that he was feeling the weight of my emotions.

"I think that we'll find them, maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but if they are still alive we'll find them, no matter what it takes. We'll ask uncle Sev and even Professor Mcgonagall, Flitwick and Sprout. I am sure all of them are neutral and will help us in finding them." Draco kissed the top of my head and I gave him a smile.

"Thanks Dray, I don't know what I would do without you"

~

TIME SKIP

~

It was the night before all of us had to leave for Hogwarts and Lonny was currently in the process of making everyone breakfast, lunch and snacks for all of us tomorrow. She had said if we needed her she would be popping into the kitchens, to help the other house elves at Hogwarts, a couple of days a week. Right now Kaelie, Emrys, Draco and I had our trunks placed in a line on the dining table as we packed in the last few remaining bits and bobs that we would need such as; an extra scarf, more parchment, a few books for recreational or light reading.

I had packed in the black pair of muggle converse shoes with rainbow shoelaces that Kaelie had gotten me for my birthday and even the books on advanced charms that Emrys had written himself. As for Lonny's present I was wearing it right now; a pair of woolen socks and slippers to keep my feet warm because the floors get cold at Hogwarts especially if I get sorted into Slytherin.

Draco's present well, it was a black marble beaded bracelet with an emerald stone in the middle that would protect me from simple-medium complexity spells and jinxes/hexes. It also would alert him If I was in trouble or just needed his company. I smiled as I looked down to see it hanging on my left wrist. Draco is really a big softie and our connection has grown a lot more stronger since my birthday, we are taking it slow but it was the best thing for us and I loved getting to know him better each and every day.