Chapter Twelve

Cole Black's Point Of View

"First years o'er 'ere please, and those who 're new this year" A familiar voice echoed throughout the dark train station in Hogsmead. Kaelie, Emrys and I said short goodbyes to Luna and Draco and started towards where the boats were which would take us to the castle. Us three had the boat to ourselves and just as we rounded the corner I got to experience seeing Hogwarts for the 'first time' again now that I had no blocks or bounds on my magic or body.

"It's even more beautiful than I remember" I said quietly my mouth open in awe. Emrys and Kaelie were awe struck as well as the majority of the first years. At least this time it wasn't pissing down rain I thought with a smile. Soon enough we were off the boats and walking up to the doors which would lead us to the foyer before the great hall.

"Cole I've heard stories about this place from you and Draco but I never thought it was this grand!" Emrys exclaimed as he eyes darted from here to there trying to take in all of the amazing things that made Hogwarts, Hogwarts.

The three of us entered after all of the first years and as soon as I stepped through those doors I felt an intense but calming magical aura. The aura sent a chill through my spine and distracted my attention from Professor Mcgonagall who was filling the first years in what what the different houses were.

As Kaelie, Emrys and I were the closest to one of the walls I ran my hand along the wall which sent an electric buzz through me.

'Hello Cole Lillian Black, I have been waiting for you for almost 16 years now you know, I am glad you have gotten out of the old fool's manipulating clutches. ' A warm smile spread onto my face as Hogwarts communicated to me through telepathy.

'Hello to you to Hogwarts, I am also glad that I am now free and able to choose how to live my own life.'

'I know that whatever you do now, it will be for the best for all of us magical beings. You know as my chosen one you have your own private quarters if you choose to want them. They are situated near the kitchens behind a portrait of the knight Sir Lancelot. In those private quarters there is also a portrait of the four founders.'

'Wow really?'

'Yes my dear'

'Thank you so much, I might have to have a look later on as the others are already walking into the great hall'

'I look forward to seeing the things you accomplish Cole!'

And with that I followed the rest of the large group into the great hall. I saw the familiar four tables lined vertically in the hall, the teachers table at the front and the familiar stool with a unique looking hat stood upon it. The first years gasped loudly as a part of the hat opened and it started singing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"