Chapter Thirty-Six

Cole Black's Point of View

Draco and I had decided to stay with my parents while they were treated, the nurses had organised for the room next to theirs to be set up for us so that we would be near them in case anything happened. Everyone else had left now and we were able to go in and see them. I was so nervous, I knew I had to be careful and gentle considering they had been locked up and tortured for 15 years but they were my parents and they were here and alive and breathing.

Draco's hand squeezes my own and I smiled as he led us into their room, I took in a deep breath when I noticed my mother sitting beside my father who was still asleep lying in the hospital bed. Lily's head lifted and her eyes started glistening as she laid her eyes on me.

"My baby boy" She said as she got up and walked over to me enveloping me in a hug. The hug triggered something in me and I let out a sob as she swayed slightly stroking my hair.

"It's okay now darling, you've been so strong without us there but it's okay now, we're here" I wrapped my arms around my mother's waist loosely and closed my eyes making sure to memorise every detail of what was happening right now. When she pulled back, she gently wiped away my tears and pressed a kiss against my forehead. My mother then turned to Draco.

"And who is this young man?" She asked and Draco smiled gently.

"Draco Malfoy, Lady Black. I am Cole's mate and boyfriend" She nodded smiling gently and told us to sit down on the extra chairs that were placed around the room.

"Call me Lily Draco. Malfoy, I haven't heard that name in a long time. Well, let me see your creature darling" Mum said and I nodded and waved my hand taking off my glamour. My eyes turned black and black and yellow scales lined my forehead, neck and arms.

"Ah, your great grandfather, Sirius' grandfather had the same creature inheritance." She said smiling sadly down as my father who was still asleep"

"He's strong you know, he'll heal and be back to normal in no time" Mum said noticing my sadness. I nodded and Draco held my hand again, the contact helping me calm down.

"It's been quite a long night for you two hasn't it, why don't you both get some rest." Draco agreed and told my mother that our room was right next door if she needed anything. She kissed both of our foreheads and bid us goodnight. We then made our way to the room the nurses had set up for us and joined the two beds together so that Draco and I could be closer to one another while we slept. Lately Draco was the only thing helping me sleep better at night so it's become a habit now for us to change into our pyjamas and then hold each other while we slept.

Kaelie Rivergreen's Point of View

It had been a long night and now the sun was already rising just as the rest of us made our way back to Hogwarts. We were led by Minerva to her office where she informed us of Cole and Draco staying there until his parents had recovered. She also told us that the whole school would have the rest of the week off as the Ministry prepared for Dumbledore's trial and also to organise who would become the new Headmaster or Headmistress.

Since Minerva was Deputy Headmistress, she would take up the role temporarily until they found someone else but I expected that they'll probably choose her anyway, not only has she been a professor at Hogwarts for years now but she has an open mind and welcome any and all students into the school.

"Okay now it's been a long night for all of you, get some sleep now and I'll inform the house elves to prepare some breakfast for you all later than the rest of the school and send it up"