Chapter Fifteen

Cole Black's Point of View

"So where abouts are these private quarters of yours good sir?" Kaelie asks curtsying causing me to chuckle as we all walked out of the great hall after finishing breakfast. 

"All Hogwarts said was that it was near a kitchen behind a portrait of some great knight, Lancelot, if I am not mistaken."

"Sir Lancelot you say?" Emrys asked a look of shock passing over his face. I nodded and Emrys suddenly looked incredibly distant. I looked over to Draco with questioning eyes but all I got was a shrug. After a couple of minutes we had just come round the corner where the portrait of the pear was. 

"We must be directly beneath the great hall now" Draco said as we continued on trying to find Sir Lancelot. Why did Hogwarts have so many portraits? 

"Hey guys, up ahead, around this corner" Kaelie called out who was just a little ahead of us. We hurried our steps and rounded the corner on the right to see a dead end with only four portraits down it. 

"What-" Emrys muttered out stopping in our tracks to turn towards him. His eyes were wide and his breath had quickened. 

"Useless toad of a servant" A deep and slightly arrogant voice calmly said and my eyes landed on one of the four portraits in this dimly lit hallway. 

"Royal prat, hello Arthur" Emrys breathed out and Kaelie gasped.

"Arthur, as in King Arthur?" The portrait nodded and then gestured to the other three portraits.

"Lancelot, Gwaine, Percival. My friends!" Emrys said and they all smiled and waved at him.

"These are the knights of the round table aren't they" I whispered to Draco and he nodded.

"And how come you aren't confined to a 60 by 40 cm square Merlin?" Gwaine asked.

"Obvious isn't it?"

"Magic.." Arthur said and Merlin nodded his eyes glowing a bright yellowly gold. 

"Then you three must also be sorcerers then, are you not?" Kaelie, Draco and I nodded and Arthur ran his hand through his hair, the crown that was once on his head swatted carelessly to the floor of the portrait. 

"Wizards and witch actually" Kaelie piped up 

"Oh is that what they call it these days?" Arthur questioned and I proceeded to nod again.

"How come you are here Merlin, no one ever comes down to these parts anymore." Lancelot asked.

"Magic has appointed Mister Cole here my heir so I came back to teach and guide him, not that he needs a lot of it. I'm learning much more than him nowadays. This is all still quite new. Anyway magic also made this little bugger heir to Hogwarts, this castle and she said that his private quarters were here. We wanted to go in and have a look because the portrait of the founders are supposed to be here as well."

"You guys are all great heros, as well as the founders, I would have expected all of your portraits in either classrooms or the great hall!" Draco exclaimed outraged. I nodded stepping forward.

"Yes I would expect all eight of you should be up there but yet you are not. I bet some of this is Dumbledore's meddling schemes. He has to have all of the spotlight doesn't he!" I said angrily about to kick something before an arm sneaked around my waist pulling me into their chest. Draco's scent instantly calmed me down and I entwined my hands with his.