Chapter Twenty-Nine

Severus Snape's Point of View

It was Christmas morning and looking outside the windows of Hogwarts I could see the start of snow falling onto the grounds of the castle. I had just came from the Great Hall after eating breakfast and was on my way back to my own quarters ready to indulge myself a bit and relax for the day.

These thoughts were interrupted however when I noticed a letter with quite familiar handwriting sitting neatly on my desk in my office. Furrowing my eyebrows, I picked it up and opened it wondering what the cheeky kid wanted.

'Good Morning Severus, I hope this letter finds you well.

I wasn't going to right to you about this but I feel like it couldn't wait until after the Yule holidays ended. You will see a few attachments that come with this letter but please finish reading this before you open anything because it may cause you shock and great concern.

I know that you are a death eater and fought alongside Voldemort as one of his most trusted followers, that is until his sanity crumbled and shattered. I also know you sought refuge and shelter from Dumbledore as he would 'protect you from the greater evils' but I think we both now that it is he that is the greater evil.

To give more context I visited some of my vaults at Gringotts the other day and found some of my parents old journals. After reading through them I also read through some letters, letters that there addressed to Tom Riddle himself. You will find enclosed copies of these letters and its contents as I need you to know the absolute truth and know that I am not lying or playing around.

While Tom Riddle may have created many horcruxes, that is not what caused most of his sanity to crumble it was instead decades and decades of spells, potions and charms that tortured and poisoned his heart, soul and mind. Like Dumbledore did to you and myself and a few others he did to Tom. I had always wondered why Tom was appointed one of my godfathers.

There are also vials of my parents memories and official Gringotts documents that confirm what I am saying is true. After finding all of this information out no doubt I would be confused and overwhelmed so I am writing this letter to you for advice on how to handle this situation. I have no idea where Tom Riddle is hiding nor can I guarantee that he won't kill me dead on the spot if I were to deliver the news in person.

I only come to you because you used to be associated with him. I understand if you do not want any part in this matter and if so, I will continue thinking of a plausible solution but if you have it in you to help me then could we have a meeting when the next school term starts?

Thank you for your time, Cole Lillian Black, Lord to Potter, Peverell, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and heir to Emrys, Slytherin, Black, Lestrange, Riddle.'

It took me half an hour to fully digest all that was composed in Cole's letter and I had to reread it twice. It did seem to make sense, and as he said the vials and official Gringotts documents upheld the argument. While it frightened me to no end of thinking about going near the dark lord again, I knew it was one of the only ways in which we would return his sanity and make him whole again.

Cole Black's Point of View

It was currently after breakfast and I had just made my way back to my room to get ready for the day. The rest of our friends were coming over for lunch and then staying the rest of the day and then also overnight as we would be celebrating and hanging out with one another. We had chosen lunch so that everyone else could spend the whole morning with their parents and the rest of their family.