chapter 1 (Chloe's pov)

Bleeeep! Bleeeep! Blee-!

I finally gathered enough energy, to turn off that devious machine. Today is the first day of my Junior year. Although I am excited to evoke new adventures, I really don't feel like evoking at this time.

Uuugghh! I gather all the energy I had store in me, and lift myself into a sitting position. You know that thing people do, when they get up and just stare at a wall for about five minutes? Yeah that's me right now. Willing myself to be cheerful at this hour.

I finally get up, and head to the bathroom. I do all the essential cleaning stuff, such as brush teeth, shower, hair wash etc. When I'm finally out and refreshed after the shower, I'm a little more of my cheery self. I bounce over towards my closet and look for an outfit.

 I bounce over towards my closet and look for an outfit

Once dressed, I went downstairs to eat breakfast. My dad was already up, drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper. I greeted him with a kiss on the cheek. And went to pour myself a cup of coffee and toaster strudel in the toaster.

"Morning, Chlo, ready for the first day?" My mom asked while working in the kitchen. She was wearing her doctor clothes, so I'm guess they switch her shift..... Again.

"Morning, Mom. Yeah, I'm so ready. But I gotta get going, picking up Aubrey. See ya, love ya both!" I yelled while running towards the door, with my strudel in my mouth and to go coffee cup in my hand.

I get into my car, started it, then blasted some music. It's not really driving without some music to sing along to. Ten minutes later I pull into Aubrey's mansion of a house, her house is literally huge.

"Hey, girly" Aubrey said with a smile, whole getting in. She was dressed in a white button up, light pink sweater, blue jeans that fold up at the bottom, and brown low top boots.

"Hey Bree, you excited for school?" I said bouncing in my seat. I was so excited, I was anticipating so much for this year.

"I guess, I'm excited to get ready for the academics portion. And all the student government business. Also, the BELLA'S!!" Well if you can't tell by now, my best friend is a over achiever. She's only excited about the work part, apparently.

The drive to school was filled with excited chatter and loud singing. This is the side of Aubrey Posen that only her closest friends gets to see. Nobody last long enough in her life to get past her military daughter phase.

When we get there we sit in the car for a couple of minutes. Just to gather our heads, "I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous." I sighed out to Aubrey while shaking out my hands.

She just glanced at me and gave me a small smile, kinda like a understanding smile. "My father once told me, and I quote 'nerves are just a weaker emotion that stronger emotions haven't defeated yet. So push those aside, and get on with it'. It's going to be fine Chlo." With that we both breath in deeply and got out the car.