save him

As soon as Yoongi had downloaded the game, it made him even more excited. The screen was full of black and red colors. Stereotypical colors for a horror game. It somehow gave Yoongi a cold atmosphere, as if his bedroom window had been open for an hour and the winter breeze had found its way inside. The cold engulfed the warm air around him.

Whatever Yoongi had been excited about some minutes ago, his feelings had changed immediately as his screen became dark and grey letters appeared which were hard to read due to the movements they made.

It looked like every boring horror game you would find on the internet. It had five stars though? It must have some kind of plot twist or something.

Like the game had required, he had typed his name and his phone number. Once again, his excitement had returned. He was suspicious at first and he overthought it more than twice but the curiosity got the best of him.

Of course, he had been updating Hoseok through their chatroom, he had documented his every move. From him downloading up to him waiting for a verification message.

Just as he had finished updating his best friend, a random number showed up on his notifications.

42852: Welcome to Outcast! Please type in your username.

Yoongi had done what the number asked him for, he had typed his username in and now he was waiting for a second text. Just as expected, the number replied incredibly fast, almost as if it would be waiting for his response.

42852: Searching. . . FOUND: Is Yoongi your character's name? YES or NO

He immediately let his fingers move to the right letters, building the word 'YES'.

42852: You are now connected to Outcast! Please look on your Computer screen. You will make the decisions of a lost boy with your phone.

42852: You are playing as: J%(@) P&$!! Loading your character. . . As J%(@) P&$!! Do you go LEFT or RIGHT?

Yoongi wasn't sure what to choose, he had no idea where his character was and he had no idea what to do, his computer screen only showed a figure in a dark room. What if he would lose right at his first try? He decided to go 'RIGHT'.

42852: J%(@) P&$!! Can hear faint footsteps. RUN or HIDE?

The game seemed to be interesting, it was far from what he had imagined but it wasn't bad, in fact it made a chill run down his spine and that was surely not something that happened often.

The only time he had ever felt like that was when he was sitting on a chair, his hands on the table, his back straight and in front of him a file of sheets for him to solve, in other words, a math test.

However, Yoongi typed 'RUN'

42852: He runs into the kitchen. GRAB A KNIFE or HIDE?

Now that he knew for sure that his character was kept locked in a house, he had a feeling that hiding in a kitchen wasn't the best option. What the hell was the point of being in a room with knifes and other sharp objects if you're not going to take one and defend yourself? He chose 'GRAB A KNIFE'

42852: J%(@) P&$!! Grabs a knife. The footsteps are closer. WAIT TO STAB or HIDE?

Eventually he decided to 'HIDE' even though he had a knife now, hiding seemed like the best choice for now.

42852: J%(@) P&$!! Is hiding. . .

there was something he didn't understand, who was his character? Why was his character's name blocked out? Without thinking twice, he typed in the question, waiting for the answer he eventually never got. "Why is the game blocking out the name?"

42852: UNKNOWN COMMAND. Wait for results. . .

J%(@) P&$!! Is safe! Would you like to continue to play as #u@!?% #€o%

What was going on? Shouldn't it respond? Isn't there any 'help' button? All those questions and many more started to roam around Yoongi's head. What kind of game was this? What was happening in that house? Whose footsteps were following his character? He wanted answers, he knew he had to wait though. So, he continued. 'YES' he typed.

42852: Oh no! #u@!?% #€o% sees the man advancing towards him! KILL or HIDE?

"What the hell is this game?!" Yoongi had lost his nerves, he was speechless. What or who was after his characters?

42852: TIME LIMIT: 5 MINUTES.

"This has a time limit?" the game was waiting for him as if it knew that Yoongi had stopped playing, as if it knew that Yoongi was losing his nerves and was about to delete the game. As if it could see his actions. After thinking hard, he decided to 'HIDE' once again.

At first, he had thought that fighting was the best choice but, in this game, he had no other choice than to hide and wait. He wasn't on the lead that was sure, he was the one being chased around.

42852: You've made #u@!?% #€o% hide! Waiting for results. . .

The 24 years old boy didn't waste any more time to text his best friend and try his best to convince him not to download the game. It was creeping him out and Hoseok was more of a scaredy-cat than he himself, how would the poor younger react?

"Hoseok, this game is creepier than anything. When I make choices on my phone, the character on my computer screen does exactly what I say. I don't even get to play my own character. The character I'm playing as, has their name blurred out."

As soon as he had send his message to hi dear friend which he was worried about the most by now, he immediately texted back.

"That sounds pretty dope, actually. What's the objective?" his friend asked.

Before typing, Yoongi held in for a moment. What was the objective again? The whole game was confusing him. What the hell was even going on in that game. He knew he had to escape from someone but he had no clue that it would involve killing and creepy scenes. He knew it was a horror game but this was far more thrilling than anything else.

"I guess I have to save the character."

"Then save him."