epilogue: never ending cycle

The sound of the different machines beeping caused Jimin's eyes to flutter open. The bright light immediately attacked his sight, making him blink a few times just to adjust himself to the brightness in the room. It had been three days since he had woken up in this shithole and even thought he had no clue why he was here or what had even happened, he still was here. Apparently, he had been in a coma for 3 months.

Jimin tried to remember but the only thing he got from thinking too much and pushing his brain to its limit was a headache. Sometimes he would just stare holes into the wall and try to recover his memories, unfortunately with no success.

It was like a missing piece in a puzzle. He had only remembered playing a game but what game? what was it about? What was its name and how did he end up in the hospital with three deep knife cuts on his side stomach, more cuts than he could even count and with many cracked or broken bones such as his ribs and some of his fingers.

He couldn't remember anything at all and that drove him to insanity. It made him uncomfortable at some point where he wished he would have never woken up from his coma.

His wandering eyes had met someone's dark brown eyes.

Eyes he had been seeing ever since he had woken up the first time. brown, beautiful hazel eyes. "Jimin, are you okay?" the owner of those enchanting brown eyes had asked him, worriedly. "I guess.

What about you, Jungkook?" the older asked the younger male he had met right after waking up. The two males suffered from the same thing, memory loss, so they were put in the same room.

The younger had nodded his head, showing the older that he was doing fine. "Did you succeed?" Jungkook asked, sitting down beside him on his bed, arms on his lap as he looked over at Jimin once again.

"Hm?" the older was confused by the other male's question. "Your memories, I mean. Did you succeed remembering anything?" Jungkook shifted his gaze away from Jimin as he started looking outside the window, observing the birds flying above the sky.

"Not yet. And you?" Jungkook's silence was enough for Jimin to understand that the younger 20-years old had been struggling to remember as well. He somehow felt slightly relived knowing that he wasn't the only one that had trouble with his memories but he still felt horrible.

"You two should stop trying so hard. All you will get is a headache that will end up knocking you out again." A third voice erupted in the room. Seokjin, stood by the door, mustering the two younger males with a worried expression.

"The memories will eventually come again, give your brain some time so stabilize itself." Jungkook and Jimin knew that the elder was right and they knew that he understood how they felt because he too suffered from memory loss.

"Namjoon, can you please shut up and stop talking about corpses for once? I really don't care about knowing why and how humans still fart and burp after dying." – "But it's really interesting! The human mechanism-" Namjoon was cut off by their eldest, Seokjin. "Joon-ah, stop bothering Hoseok!"

Jimin's eyes wandered off from the two teenagers which had just now appeared next to Seokjin, to observe Jungkook's smile. Both of them had grown fond of each other.

The blond male had actually been very surprised when the doctor had told him that he will be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with other teenagers that have gad lost their memories as well. The hospital had been trying out a new method of curing which was not isolating other patients. They should interact and get well together, perhaps even help each other.

Jimin doubted that if there were more people here with the same cause of memory loss like him, they must not be having a friendly tea party at the dinner table every day.

At first, he was right with his conclusion. The only thing going across the table were swear words but now somehow, they ended up getting along pretty well and even becoming friends.

"Hey Jimin-sshi, we'll be going down and grab some snacks. Do you want anything?" Jimin had been so deep in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed the others had left.

The older shook his head. "No, I'm good. Just please don't drag those idiots to our room again. They're loud as hell. The nurses might as well one day call the zoo keepers because of Hoseok and Seokjin." Jungkook had let a small chuckle escape his lips. Jimin was right.

Hoseok and Seokjin were loud people. They would start arguing loudly over useless things or they would just simply have a conversation between two pun lovers.

Jungkook gave Jimin a small smile before leaving the room. As soon as Jungkook had left, Jimin's head shot up almost immediately by the sound of his phone buzzing. His Blonde hair falling back onto his forehead as his head was directed to his phone.

OUTCAST: Welcome to Outcast! Please type in your username.