Night 3: update.

"Hoseok, listen. I'm sorry I just saw your name in the game and kind of freaked out. This game is messing both of us up." Yoongi felt bad for doubting his best friend. He felt horrible. He had just doubted the person who has always been there for him, the one who has always made him feel less of a mistake in this world. The one who took his depressions away.

Yoongi had had depressions for a year after he had woken up in the hospital next to Hoseok, not remembering a single thing of why he was there and where the wounds had come from. He had felt empty ever since the day he had opened his eyes and they had met the bright hospital lights. The one who had managed to fill up Yoongi's empty and cold heart was the bright, positive thinking, brown-haired, younger boy which laid on the bed beside him with the same diagnosis. Memory loss.

Both had teamed up in the hospital. The younger male had somehow managed to make Yoongi go weak each time he would show his white teeth as he parted his lips and gave the older one a cheering smile.

"It's okay, Yoongi. But how long do we have to play this? How long do we have to go through this? How long do we have to control these characters? I'm going crazy.."

The brunette was right, the game was driving them crazy.

"Probably not.. too long, I hope. This game has been counting by nights, right? Perhaps it's really going by nights. Besides we've been playing at night. It's not rounds like a normal operating game. I think we have to make it through a required number of nights. Every game has an end and we will end this one too."

He was certain that what he was saying was true, there was no other explanation. The game always texts them once the sun has gone under, making the situation and atmosphere even creepier.

"You have a point.. So, when did you get so smart? Do you just lose all that knowledge and do dumb decisions in the game?"

"Shut up, horse face." Yoongi had always taken great pleasure into calling his handsome friend a horse. Hoseok is scared of horses and everything that can somehow end up hurting him in any way.

"Anyways, did you see the update for outcast?" – "What?"

"They added a new official character last night. There's also two other characters but I think you need to get something to get them."

"No, Hoseok I'm done. I will help Jimin out and that's it. If the game doesn't let me quit then I'll just smash my phone and computer into bits. I'll gladly walk myself into a public place and wait for whoever's behind this to come and get me." Whoever was behind this sick game, would have to expose himself sooner or later and if Yoongi would manage to lose after all then he would be sure to make the unknown psycho pay for this.

"Yoongi, we have to play the others too. We have to save them too. Look, last night my computer somehow lagged and... and I think my character said something to me. There were random words and phrases between the lines but I made it out and it said... 'I am real' and

'he is coming.' Yoongi, a character shouldn't be speaking like that and don't give me that 'it probably is a built script' bullshit because it's not! They are real people."

What Hoseok had just explained was not wrong. Yoongi had had the same theory and he was sure that the teenagers were disappearing because of this game but them being in the game and Yoongi really controlling Jimin's real body just made him sick. Jimin had been injured so much and it was Yoongi's fault.

"I.. I still can't believe this.." – "Yoongi, let's face reality here. People go missing after playing this game? Characters named after them? Then the creepy messages? If there is really someone out there being affected by my actions then I'd make sure not to mess up."

Just now Yoongi had imagined Hoseok being in there, getting hurt or probably dying because of some asshole not taking the whole game serious.

Just when Yoongi was about to drift off into his thoughts, the game had texted him. Apparently, it had really been updated. It had a new character and whenever the timer would run out, the game wouldn't just pick a choice but it would wait for Yoongi to pick himself. There were also new floors, new weapons and two characters which were still unlocked. He was now able to swap characters between Jimin and Namjoon anytime he wanted to. Not just that but his character Jimin had 100% health bar but too many injuries to count.

Great Yoongi. Just great. He now was sure that he couldn't mess up like that anymore. Jimin could actually die and he had noticed that now.

The second Yoongi had started to play again, the game had asked him to require a life from Hoseok. Of course, he had chosen to decline the game's wish but it didn't listen again. "Updates my ass" Yoongi spit out, his anger raging as he saw that Hoseok now only had one life.

42852: JIMIN can hear footsteps! RUN or HIDE?

Once again, the game had just acted like nothing of a great deal had happened. Yoongi had no choice but to just get along with it, not texting back won't make things better, in fact it made everything worse. He chose what he always chose, 'HIDE'.

42852: JIMIN is hiding. . . The footsteps go past! JIMIN wants to run. DECLINE or ACCEPT?

"What? He wants to?" Yoongi was confused for a moment as he started remembering what he and his friend had talked about just a while ago. Of course, Jimin wanted to. He is a human and humans have their own wills. Whatsoever, Yoongi declined Jimin's request. His wounds would only get worse if he would run.

Jimin seemed to be a stubborn person as he kept asking the same thing over and over again, Yoongi read the same lines over and over again until Jimin had a different request.

He wanted to swap with the new character. Kim Namjoon. Yoongi ended up accepting. The moment Namjoon had entered the game, Yoongi had started regretting his choice. Namjoon had started to ask for a weapon and each time Yoongi denied, Namjoon would keep asking none stop. After some time, he had finally given up wanting to go to the basement and get a weapon.

42852: NAMJOON hears JUNGKOOK's shouts from upstairs! GO UPSTAIRS or STAY PUT?

Without thinking twice, he typed his answer. 'GO UPSTAIRS'

Yoongi's head had turned to his computer screen as he saw the dark figure torturing Jungkook, by slowly slicing up his wrists. Without giving Yoongi a choice to choose, Namjoon's fist had met the dark figure's cheekbone. As the figure couldn't keep his balance, Namjoon had pushed Jungkook away from danger.

As soon as Namjoon had made sure that they could escape safely, they had immediately taken the chance.

Out of a sudden, Namjoon had started asking Yoongi to let him go to the basement once again. And Yoongi had finally accepted as he realized that Namjoon seemed to know what he was doing.
The new character gave Yoongi a weird vibe and made him feel like Namjoon had been there already.

His character was finally in the basement, he started walking towards the right corridor as if he had known the way.

42852: NAMJOON wants tothis is a ACCEPT or DECLINE?

He was doing the exact same thing, Jimin and Jungkook had done before, they were trying to communicate with Yoongi but either they were being watched and couldn't blow up or the game was blocking away their messages in full sentences so they had started cutting the lines and added them up between words that ended up making no sense.

Yoongi wanted him to finish his sentence and he knew exactly that the game did whatever it wanted to, if he declined, it would ask the same again and again, making it able for Namjoon to add the rest of the sentence he wasn't able to finish. So, he declined.

42852: NAMJOON wants tonew baseme, help me ACCEPT or DECLINE?

Now Yoongi had understood the purple-haired's message. The male was trying to tell Yoongi that the basement had been changed to a new one, which made him lost. He had no idea where to go to now. He was lost and Yoongi's computer screen only showed a black hallway ahead of him, behind him and next to him. Since Namjoon's last words were a request to help him, Yoongi had chosen to 'ACCEPT'.