11. Liar, liar, skewers on fire.

Jungkook's Pov

It had been a week since Y/N's Christmas party: it was late that night and all the boys were parting ways outside the building. Whilst the boys were granting each other a Merry Christmas, the youngest- Jungkook, snook away, avoiding any further awkwardness between himself and Tae. After their kiss, Jungkook could feel the awkwardness radiate from between the two. Since then he's been avoiding Taehyung. Did Taehyung mean anything by it? Or was it just a meaningless kiss to get Jimin and Y/N to do the same?

Normal Pov. 

The 6 other boys had left your apartment; you were still sat with Jimin on your couch from being too tired to see them out. Her eyes felt heavy; soon she gave in to the weight tugging on her soft eyelids, feeling Jimin escape from her light grasp; yet falling asleep where she sits. 

8:00 am, the next day.

When you had awoken early the next morning you were about to get out of your cosy, warm bed to retrieve a cold glass of water for your dry throat. Expecting to smoothly escape the grasp of your soft bedsheets you were instead pulled back by the strong grasp of two arms. You managed to roll over; you were greeted by the soft, sleeping face of Jimin- his face so close to yours. Squeezing one of your small arms out of his strong hug, you brought your hand close to his face; tracing your finger over his plump, delicate lips- they opened, exposing his crooked tooth. Cute.

Your eyes explored his face, noting all the adorable things about his unique features. You had almost forgotten he was even a cat hybrid- until his silky white tail wrapped around your ankle underneath the covers. Your fingertips paused on Jimin's bottom lip, your eyes drifting up to his. He was looking at you with heavy, sleepy eyes- softly purring with the energy he doesn't have. You scratched behind his ear which earned you a small kiss on the head. Jimin's eyes fluttered shut, you hadn't shortly followed his way into dreamland. 

A couple of weeks later. Jungkook's Pov.

Jungkook awoke early Saturday Morning. He was fed up of ruining his life because of Taehyung. He hadn't even seen any of his friends at school due to no longer sitting with them at lunch. A new skewer place had opened not long away and he was going to go later. This would be the first time Jungkook had left his apartment in a while and was ready to reappear into the public once more. 

It was now early noon and Jungkook had changed into a white shirt, light blue ripped jeans and Timbs. He grabbed his wallet and an olive green jacket, locked the door behind him and made his way to the small, casual skewer restaurant. 

When he arrived through the door, he walked to the counter and ordered lamb skewers. He retrieved them from the young man working there and went searching for a table to sit at. Because this was a new place, it was pretty full. Jungkook was ready to leave with his box of skewers until he heard a deep voice: "Yah! Jungkook-ah! Is that you?" When Jungkook turned around, he noticed Taehyung sitting on his own at a booth. Shoot. He can't walk away now, that would be rude, besides, he can't avoid Taehyung forever. 

Jungkook made his way to the two seated booth and sat across from Taehyung, placing his skewers onto the table. "Hey hyung. Haven't seen you in a while." He said, sitting stiffly on his seat. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, "I was just about to say the same thing-" he chuckled, "It's as though you've been avoiding me" Jungkook looked away "N-no, I've just been busy with homework" He stuttered. "Well, there's something I need to ask you," Taehyung said, grabbing Jungkook's chin to make him look the older boy in the eye. "Yes?" Jungkook squeaked out, gulping, scared of the upcoming question. "Are you" This was it, Taehyung was going to ask if Jungkook was avoiding him, he can't lie to his hyung, even if he lies to Jin all the time. "Yes?" Jungkook asked, as though telling Taehyung to hurry with the question. "Are you dating anyone at the minute?"

What? That is not the question Jungkook was expecting. His eyes widened in shock, and he went beet red when he realised Taehyung's hand was still on Jungkook's chin. "Excuse me?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung retrieved his hand and placed it on the edge of the table. "I just thought maybe that's why we haven't been seeing you?" He asked tilting his head. Ah. Without thinking, Jungkook replied, "Yes, that's exactly it." Oh, he could lie to his hyung. Taehyung looked away, his expression becoming less interested and more... Upset. Jungkook couldn't do this. He couldn't keep lying to Tae. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook shouted out, accidentally gaining the attention of many others sat around them. When they had looked away, Kook carried on. "Hyung, I'm not dating anyone. I'm lying to you. You haven't seen me much because-" Jungkook took in a deep breath "I'vebeenavoidingyou." He spewed out all at once. Taehyung's eyes widened, "Excuse me, what?" Ugh, this hyung is he deaf? "I said... I've been avoiding you." He sighed out. "Yeah, I heard you Jungkook I just wanted to know why." Taehyung chuckled a little. Ah. "Truth is" Jungkook sighed, was he ready to confess to Taehyung? It was now or never. "Truth is ever since Y/N's party I've been avoiding you because we kissed." He shakily said, hardly making words with his breathy voice. "What? Why? Am I not a good kisser?" Taehyung asked, touching his own lips. "Ah! That's not it." Jungkook hurridly replied. "It's just, I thought it would be awkward after because... I like you hyung." He didn't want to look Taehyung in the eyes when he rejected him so instead looked down at his legs. He felt two large, warm hands overlap his. He now looked Tae in the eyes, the elder's eyes glistening, tears forming. 

"Jungkook, I thought you were never going to tell me! I- I like you too!" He laughed out.

_________

Y'ALL CAN HE JUST EAT HIS SKEWERS

Also sorry for not updating much