Chapter 3 : The Three Musketeers

A bestfriend never let you do stupid things...

Alone.

.

.

.

.

.

To say that work was exhausting would be an understatement really. It was utterly exhausting.

Each morning I would walk to the Palace with Crystal and we would grumble about the amount of work that would greet us the moment we enter the Palace.

Although the job is extremely draining, I know I shouldn't complain. The pay was good and as long as it helps my family, I'll do it for as long as I can.

I thought about the remaining days we have left to work for the Lunar Ball, 4 days.

4 days until we have to go through with Crystal's ridiculous plan.

"Crystal, are we seriously going to sneak into the Ball?" I scowled.

She turned her head towards me and gave me an exasperated sigh while throwing her hands up.

"Milea! Nothing is going to happen, we'll just sneak in, take a look, and get out. Don't be a scaredy cat Lea." She said.

I huffed and just grumbled out at how the idea was stupid and that we'll get caught and probably die in the underground prison.

Arriving in the Palace we went towards the lady by the door and said our names. Oh, I finally learned her name, Ms. Geraldi.

We went towards the ballroom and Ms. Penelope gave us the instructions and sections.

Crystal, you'll be working in the floral department and as for you Milea, you'll be helping Andrew here in decorating the chandelier." She gestured behind me.

I turned and saw a guy with a medium length brown hair, hazel eyes and a cheeky smile. He was cute but his body, damn...boy has been working out.

"Hey, I'm Andrew." He smiled, giving out his hand for me to shake.

"Milea, but Lea for short." I smiled back and shook his hand.

"Alright now, get to work." Ms. Penelope said. I turned my head to Crystal and waved goodbye to her before following Andrew.

"So uhm, just how are we going to work on the chandelier?" I said looking up at the massive hanging light. What do we have to work on anyways?

"Well, according to the picture, we have to make that thing over there," he said pointing up towards the chandelier, " into this masterpiece right here." He said, moving his pointing finger to the paper in his other hand.

I leaned in and saw the picture. It was beautiful, no doubt about that. The chandelier will be decorated with hanging Amaranthus added with some Daisy and light red Carnations.

"Oh wow, that's just brillant. So...you going up there?" I asked, looking at him.

He looked at me and laughed. He walked away laughing and shaking his head. What? What's so funny? I frowned at his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO! THIS IS NOT WHAT I IMAGINED!

I shrieked and held onto the rope that was tied to the board I'm sitting on, as it took me further up to the ceiling.

"ANDREW! THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!" I screamed out to him.

He laughed at my reactions and said, "Just relax Lea. You're not gonna fall, just try not to look down. It'll be less scary that way."