Chapter 19 : The Wrath

"When a man loves a woman
Deep down in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she is playing him for a fool
He's the last one to know."

- When a Man Loves a Woman, Michael Bolton
.
.
.
.
.
.

My eyes refused to open even when my mind started working again. My eyelids felt heavy and I couldn't open them. I didn't want to.

Life was starting to look up for me bit by bit, and in an instant, everything turned back south. The ache in my heart was not something I wanted to bear and I wish the darkness could consume me once again. I needed its peace.

"Are you okay?" A voice rang throughout the room. Christian.

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted to let my eyes adjust to the light in the room. Once my vision cleared up I realized we weren't longer in school grounds. We were in a room that looked far too luxurious then what I'm used to.

"Where are we?" My voice sounded hoarse and broken, I needed some water.

As if sensing my thoughts, Christian walked up to me and slowly helped me sit up before giving me a glass of water that was sitting on top of the night stand next to me. I thanked him and took slow sips before putting the glass back.

"So?" I asked again, clearing my throat.

"We're in my room. You passed out earlier and I didn't know what to do so I just took you home." He explained. Sitting on the bed near my feet, looking at me with curiosity and concern.

I nodded a few times and we were left again in silence. I looked around the room and took in how big it was. The king sized bed was located at the center of the room with a TV lift cabinet at the foot of the bed. The room was covered in grey paint and a lounge chair was set up near the door that leads to the balcony.

"What happened back there?" He asked suddenly, making me snap my attention back towards him.

"Huh?" I furrowed my brows before the question clicked in me, "Oh...that." I said looking down at my hands.

I took a deep breath in and looked up, "I don't know." I told him. I really didn't. I don't know why these things are happening.

"What do you mean you don't know? Your eyes turned red Milea! Red!" He spoke, his voice rising by the second. Annoyance flashed across his face, along with frustrations and confusion.

I groaned and closed my eyes, "I know they did okay! I just don't know how! It has only ever happened once to me." I huffed out in annoyance. Pulling my knees into my chest and curling myself up. I was just as confused as he is dammit.

He growled at my answer, not liking the tone I had spoken to him with. He suddenly sighed and threw something next to me. I peeked and saw that it was my phone. I looked up at him, silently questioning his actions.

"It's been blowing up since forever." He said before getting up. "I'm gonna get you something to eat, stay here." He said, opening the door and closing it shut behind him.

I sat there completely baffled at his kindness. The fuck? He seemed ready to rip my head off a week ago but now he's nice? Huh...okay...

My train of thoughts was suddenly interrupted when I saw my phone flashing Jeremy's name. I knew what he was calling about and all the heartache came crashing back on me, almost knocking the breath out of me. I chewed at my buttom lip and pressed my nails further inside the palm of my hand. I was mad. No. I am livid.

I clenced my jaw so hard I swear I might've broken some tooth. Tears blurred my vision and I couldn't held back a sob coming out, making my hand fly up to cover my mouth. I don't need anyone up in my business at the moment.