Chapter 15 : The Book

" Fairy tales are more than true :
Not because they tell us that Dragons exist,
But because they tell us that Dragons can be beaten."
- Neil Gaiman, Coraline
.
.
.
.
.
I quickly made a dash into the library and hid behind the furthest book shelf I could find.

What the hell? Nice going Lea...you almost exposed yourself you idiot. I huffed at myself, closing my face with my hands. I need to sit. I sighed deeply before taking a seat on the floor and leaned back to the shelf behind me. My heart still raced at the thought of almost exposing my relationship with the King to Christian. That would've been a hard one to get out of.

I zoned out thinking about the scenario that would've went down and a book suddenly caught my eyes from the shelf in front of me. It looked old and dusty and I don't think anyone's ever opened it much. I frowned in curiosity and reached over to grab the book, wan-

DRINNNGGGG~ ~

I jumped at the sound of my phone. Gawd everything making me so jumpy these days. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and saw Hunter's name flashing.

Oop- Jace must've told him.

I answered the call and brought the phone up to my ears.

"Yes?" I asked slowly.

"Yes? Is that all you gotta say for yourself?" He boomed down the line, making me pull the phone away from my ears. Dahell. This man trying to make his mate go deaf.

"I-Don't be yelling at me like that." I scolded.

"How can I not?!? Tell me, last night when you called. It wasn't because you were just missing me right?" He asked angrily. Wow, he mad mad. *Sips tea*

"I-.....yes." I sighed out in defeat. Not wanting to beat around the already beaten bush and angering him more. "I'm sorry though! I didn't know if what I felt was real or just in my dreams, and I know you're too busy to be thinking about these simple matters. I didn't want to burden you more then you already are." I continued.

"Burden? What do you mean? You're my mate! I'm supposed to protect you from harm, dream or no dream!! You're never gonna be a burden to me. What even made yo- ugh...I'm going home soon and when I do, you're moving in and that's final. My wolf can't handle the thought of someone trying to touch you." He growled out the last part. His wolf trying to take control.

"Move in?" I asked bewildered, I thought we were keeping a low profile. "Hunter, I can't move in with you, we can't let people know about our...relationship." I whispered the last part looking around to make sure no one was eves dropping.

"Look Lea, I don't fucking care. You're moving in and that's that. We'll think of something but you moving in is already a definite must. I'll talk to you parents, don't worry about anything. I just want you safe baby." He said softly, making me smile and my wolf purred at the love pouring out of his words.

"Okay. I'll do it. I need to go soon. My break time os almost over. I'll talk to you later?"

"I'll talk to you later. Stay safe love." He confirmed, his tone leaving no arguments, as if me staying safe is a must.

I smiled and cut the call, standing up and making my way out between the shelfs before remembering...the book. I looked back and saw it still sitting there, I was debating if I should take it home with me or not when I heard the bell ring. Damn...I'm late. I thought before sprinting my way to class. I'll read it later on.

I managed to get through the whole day of school without bumping into Christian again so that was good. Other then that nothing else happened and I breezed through the other classes. I've had some classes with Sierra too, meaning that I wasn't a complete loner in school. I told her that maybe we could hang out sometimes when we have the time and she took me up on the offer and we exchanged numbers.