Chapter 7 : The Reason

The best feeling in the world

is kissing someone for the first time,

when you've really wanted to kiss them for a long time.

.

.

.

.

.

My wolf howled at his words and I stood there, staring at the majestic creature of a man.

One second I was staring at him and the next thing I knew he stood right in front of me. I gasped at how close he was. His eyes starred at mine with such intensity it almost felt like he was swallowing ,e whole.

He brought up on of his hands and slowly placed it on my right cheek. I sighed at the feeling and I leaned in closer. My wolf purred at his action and I closed my eyes to savour the feeling of his skin against mine.

We were however ripped away from our moment when an awkward cough can be heard from beside me. We glanced at Beta Sade who looked like he was way out of his comfort zone.

"Ah, yes, sorry for that Jeremy. You are dismissed, thank you." My mate said. I was lying if I said that his accent didn't do things to my body. It did. Massively. A shiver ran down my spine and I had to bit my lower lip to keep me from moaning.

The beta gave a curt nod before exiting the room to give us some privacy.

"Hello my love. It's good to finally see you again." He said looking at me with a smile.

I smiled back at him and took a step back to give a little space between us. He frowned at the act and yet kept his mouth shut.

"Hello your highness. It's good to-"

"Hunter. Your my mate, my equal. I will not tolerate you addressing like that."

"Are you sure? I mean you are the King, and I'm like literally nobody..." I was gonna say a few more things but when the word 'nobody' left my mouth and his eyes grew darker, I quickly agreed, "Okay, Hunter it is then."

"Now that you know my name, what shall I call you, my Luna?"

"Milea or just Lea would be fine."

"Milea..." He said, as if testing the name on his lips. My knees almost buckled when my name left his lips and Goddamnit, Skylar isn't helping my moods at all with all that purring ang howling.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and took a deep breath.

"Look...Hunter, I know I'm probably not the mate you'd imagine I would be, and I'm sorry that you're stuck with an Underdweller for a mate so I completely understand if you wanna...if you wanna reject me." I whispered the last part out.

My wolf went completely quiet with the thought of losing her mate and a few moments later she started to whimper.

I gathered the courage to look at him and what I saw was hands down the scariest most dirty look someone has ever said to me.

His eyes became completely dark, his facial expression turned stone cold and his whole demeanour screamed "Do not fuck with me!"

I whimpered and took another step back, scared of what's to come.

"What. Did. You. Say?" He asked through greeted teeth. Oh that's great Milea, it hasn't even been 10 minuted since you've met your mate and you've managed to piss him off. Badly.

"W-Well, I said tha-"

"I HEARD WHAT YOU SAY!" His voice boomed out, startling the life out of me.