Chapter 10 : The Start

"It's like coming home after a long trip.

That's what love is like.

It's like coming home."

.

.

.

.

.

I stood there, rooted to the ground, afraid of what Christian would do next. I guess luck was on my side because he decided to give me one last look before turning and walking away, making me sigh in relief.

"That was close" I said to myself

Just as I was about to relax, Christian growled out and shouted from across the hall.

"C'mon! We don't have all day" He huffed out the last part.

My body went stiff and I quickly scurried behind the guy, following him hot on his trails. After a few turns, he suddenly stopped making me crash into his large ass back.

"Ow..." I thought while rubbing my now sore nose. What is with this guy, seriously?

"This is your class, now, if you see me in the hall don't even bother to say hi got that Slimy?"

Slimy? Wtf kinda name is that? I furrowed my eyebrows and scrunched my nose, making sure to show my distaste towards the new nickname. However, I decided to just bite my tongue and swallow back all the cusses I was about to throw at him. Before I could say another word a voice calling out my name can be heard from a distance, making me and Christian snap our attention to the direction it was coming from.

From a distance I could see Jace bolting down the hall. What the hell is he even doing here?!

"Jace?" I called out, bewildered at his panicked face. Oh no...maybe, did something happen to Hunter? Not being able to hide my concern, I walked away from Christian and jogged down the hallway to Jace.

"Jace what happened?" I asked once I was close enough.

"King Hunter mind linked me, he told me to check up on you ASAP. What happened? Are you hurt? Did anyone try to harm you?" He rushed out. His voice filled with panic and concern.

"W-what? No, I'm fine, why would Hunter think I'm-" I stopped mid sentence when it suddenly dawned on me. The call. He probably thought I was in trouble.

I sighed and held my head with both hands, oh Hunter, what do I do with you. I looked up and smiled at Jace, poor guy was running around like a chicken without a head.

"Well? Don't just stand there and smile like a cuckoo, tell me! The King will have my head if anything happens to you." He said shaking me softly by the shoulders.

"Who the hell are you?" Christian's gruff voice can be heard from behind me, making us turn our attention to him. Jace narrowed his eye's at Christian, his wolf was not liking the disrespect Christian was giving him. After all he is the King's third in command.

"I'm the one who's gonna whip your ass if you don't start showing me some respect." Jace growled out, his eyes turning a shade darker and his voice turned deeper.

Christian growled back at Jace's reply, his wolf feeling challenged. I should stop this before anything gets out of hand. When Christian was about to step closer towards Jace, I got in between them, pushing their chest to keep them apart.

"You guys stop it. Christian, he's my brother. Thank you for showing me around, you can go now. Bye" I said to him, pushing his chest a little bit more to indicate him to go away. He pressed his tongue on the inside of his cheek and narrowed his eyes once more towards Jace and walked away.