Chapter 4 : The King

"Baby I'm preying on you tonight

Hunt you down eat you alive

Just like animals.

Maybe you think that you could hide

I could smell your scent from miles

Just like Animals."

Animals - Maroon 5

.

.

.

.

.

Throughout my 17 years of life, I have only felt fear twice.

The first time I felt that certain emotion was when a gang of werewolfs tried to corner me. Yes, I had a wolf, but still...I was weak. Skylar couldn't help me, seeing I was only able to shift during the full moon.

The second time I felt that was when news broke out that rogues were able to get past the King's borders. Although it didn't take long for the King's army to slaughter them and closed the border. It was still a rare and terrifying event.

However, I would've added this in my list of terrifying event, but I know that whatever I was feeling right now was not fear. I was petrified.

Clinging to Andrew's shirt i whispered in a hushed but terrified tone, "We are going to die. Stop poking your head out Andrew!" Pulling him back as hard as i can, and yet, the bulk of a men didn't even move an inch.

45 minutes ago

"So this is what we're gonna do." Crystal said.

We were currently sitting at the porch of my house, tonight was the night. The Lunar Ball.

"The entrance of the castle is absolutely off limits. No matter what, I can't think of a way to get in through there. Forget the back way, that's off limits too. way too many staff and guards. But 2 days ago i noticed there was less guards here at the east wing. It could possibly be our way in." She explained.

"Okay, that sounds good, but there are still gonna be guards there. How do we get past them?" Andrew asked.

Yeah, that idiot really did joined Crystals crazy ass plan.

Crystal chewed her bottom lip and glanced at us.

"We blend in." She said.

I scoffed at her words, "Crystal, you know damn well that staffs that are required to work at the Lunar Ball are given special cards right?"

"Yeah...which is why I have these..." She said smirking, pulling out three ID cards.

I grabbed the cards out of her hands and studied the. My jaw fell at how similar these things are.

"Crystal! These are brilliant! With the amount of workers there, the guards wouldn't be able to check our ID thoroughly." Andrew said grabbing his hair in disbelief, "we're gonna get in. We're gonna see the King." He whispered out.

"I told ya'll this was gonna work." Crystal said grinning.

"Yeah yeah, we won't know until the end of the night. Let's just hope nobody suspects anything." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So apparently the fake ID's worked.

Someone should really increase security around here, I thought.