Chapter 11 : The Heat

"I'm so into you, I could barely breathe
And all I wanna do, is to fall in deep,
But close ain't close enough till' we crossed the line,
So name a game to play,
And I'll roll the dice."

- Into you, Ariana Grande
.
.
.
.
.
"Hunter, Hunter what do we do?" I said panicking. This was not good, not good at all.

"Shit, I'm coming, I'm leaving right now. ' He said curtly before I could him shouting at someone to get the jet ready. Of coarse he has a jet, I thought rolling my eyes.

"When will you be back, Hunter...I'm scared." I whispered softly to him.

I am. Fuck scared, I'm terrified, I've never went through heat before, but I've been told at school how it felt. They said it will hurt, first it would only feel like a slight burn, but it gradually feel like you're inside was being boiled. The only way to stop it? To mate.

You see, Heat was created by the moon goddess to ensure the lineage of the werewolf species, and even though I'm an Underdweller, I was still a wolf.

However, not only am I concerned about the pain I'm about to experience but I'm also concerned about somthing else. During heat, a female wolf will emit a sweet scent that will drive an unmated wolf crazy, clouding their judgement and mating the female.

"I'm too far, but in a couple of hours max. Babe, babe listen to me. Don't panic, tell your mom and I'll call Jeremy, I trust him. Once you get to the Palace go to my room and lock the doors. I'll tell Jeremy to make sure no one goes to that floor." He said, his breath sounding like he's running.

My wolf whimpered as another flood of heat and pain hits me, making me groan out. It's starting.

"Okay, just...come back ASAP." I said, hanging up the phone.

I looked out and saw the sun was beginning to set, I was running out of time.

I exited my room and groaned out, "Mom, MOM!" I screamed out just as another flood of pain hits me. Goddess this sucks, I'll be having a little talk with the lady up there about this tomorrow.

I could hear footsteps getting closer to me, and so I looked up to see my mom and dad's worried face.

My mom caught a wiff of me and understoos what was happening, she looked at dad and told him to lock the front door and stay there incase an unmated male caught scent of my heat.

After dad left my mom took me by the shoulder and back inside my room, closed the door behind her and made me sat on the bed.

"Where's your mate?" She said, urgently taking some towels and clothes and shoving it on the crack below the door, minimizing the scent going out.

I groaned out and said, "He-He's out of town for business, there was a trouble with rogues. He won't be here in a couple of hours. Mom help, it hurts."

My mom sighed out and sat next to me, pulling me into a hug and rubbing my hair, " I know baby, it's gonna be okay soon. I should give you a cold shower now, would you want that baby?" She whispered.

I shook my head no, "No, Jeremy's gonna come and pick me up soon. Hunter doesn't want me here, he wants me in the Palace."

My mom mumbled a small okay when a knock on the door can suddenly be heard and my dad's voice rang in.

"Milea, Jeremy's here. He said King Aros wants him to escort you back to the Palace."

I nodded even though I know he couldn't see me and I got up and changed into some jeans and some long sleeve that belonged to my dad. Hoping to mask my heat with his scent.