Chapter 6 : The Meeting

If I had a flower for everytime I've thought of you,

I'd have a garden full of them.

.

.

.

.

.

The sound of beeping woke me up from my sleep. I looked over at the clock and pushed the button to stop the annoying sound.

7.15 AM

I got out of bed and quickly began my morning routine. If any of you are wondering, what about school? Well my friends, let me tell you something, school is only a luxury that only the Were species could afford. Us Underdwellers? We just can't have that kind of thing.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and my heart skipped a beat, remembering the promise I've made for today. It's been 2 days since the incident at the Palace, it's been 2 days since I've found my mate, and it's been 2 days since Beta Sade gave me the King's letter.

I could feel my wolf start to pace around in my head, anxious with the thought of seeing her mate.

"Relax Skylar. We're gonna meet him soon." I said, trying to reassure my wolf and get her to relax.

"I know, but I just can't help but feel excited. Goddess, it's been too long since I've last seen him."

I chuckled at her words and replied, "Seen him? Yeah, more like glanced at him. Remember, we took off before anything could happen?"

"You mean before YOU took off. I wanted to stay." She said, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

I laughed and cut off our connection before making my way back to my room.

After making my bed and cleaning my room enough so that it looks decent, I went to the kitchen and saw my mom and dad there. My mom was making toast and whatever little bit of egg we got.

"Morning Mom, Dad." I went over and kissed both of their cheeks.

"Morning honey. So how you feeling?" My dad asked, leaning back into the chair and crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Well, you know. Normal. Nervous but ok, I guess." I said while taking a sip of my milk.

"Don't be nervous honey. Everything's gonna be great, trust me. He's gonna love you, you're smart, strong, beautiful and lastly, you're my daughter. Nobody can resist our charms." My mom winked at me while putting my breakfast in front of me.

I laughed at her words because it was true. Well, for her part. My mom wasn't drop dead gorgeous but she was charming in her own way and everyone saw that.

After finishing breakfast, I made small talk with my parents before washing the dishes. And when I was done I looked over the clock and saw that it was only 9.07 AM.

"I still have time." I reminded myself

"Hey mom, dad, I'm gonna go back to my room now, you know to get ready and stuff." I walked over and kissed their cheeks before retiring to my bedroom.

After closing the door behind me, I flopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I started to wonder about him. His eyes, his lips, his jaw, his...everything. A shiver ran throughout my body at the thought of his eyes. I have never seen anything so intense in my entire life.

It was crazy how the mate bond can affect you. Just the thought of your mate can make your body feel like it's on fire. That's how strong the bond is.