Chapter 16 : The Eyes

"Look into my eyes,

It's where my Demons hides.

Don't get too close,

It's dark inside."

Demons - Imagine Dragons

.

.

.

.

.

It was late in the afternoon when I heard my dad's voice ringing throughout our small house. I smiled and zipped up the bag that I managed to pack before making my way towards my dad who was giving my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi dad, how was work?" I said giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheeks.

"Like the usual Pumpkin, how was school?" He said releasing me.

"Like the usual Daddio." I said and walked over to my mom who was making salad and MacNCheese for dinner.

"Need some help mom?" I said leaning on the kitchen counter next to her.

"No honey...oh wait yeah you can. Set up the table please?" I nodded and started to put plates on the table for us.

"Mom, dad. I have something to tell you...." I said, sheepishly looking at my mom and dad.

"Oh? What is it Pumpkin?" My dad asked, sitting down on the chair.

"Well, I think- Well Hunter, he- he kinda wants me to move into the Palace. He thinks that my safety could be at risk if I stay here much longer." I said looking down, picking on my nails. Bad habbit, I know.

My dad cleared his throat and looked at my mom and she just shrugged back. I took a deep breath and waited for their reaction.

"I mean, was there something that made him feel like it's unsafe here?" My dad asked.

I gulped and quickly made up a reason in my head "Well, nothing in particular really. I think his wolf is just getting unsettled. I mean Dad, he is the Alpha King, he's bound to be more protective over his mate....right?" I said switching glances from him and my mom.

"And plus, I promise to visit you guys as often as I can." I continued, chewing my bottom lips.

My mom and Dad looked at each other and he sighed and said "Fine, but PROMISE you'll visit us as often as you can." He pointed at me.

I smiled at his words and promised him, my mom sat down and said "When are you moving in then?"

"Well...tomorrow? Maybe? I'm not sure. Hunter said that I'll be moving in after he comes back and he said he'll be back soon so...I dunno. But I did pack my bags just incase." I said while taking some of the MacNCheese and stuffing them in. Wow, these are good. I stuffed more in. Really good.

My parents nodded and we continued on with our dinner.

Afterwards I thanked my mom and excused myself back into my room. Taking my phone I dialed Hunter's number.

It kept on ringing and then

"Hello?" A feminin voice answered.

HUH? I pulled my phone back at looked at it. It's either Hunter suddenly turned into a girl or no...he wouldn't. *squints eyes*

"Hello?" The voice called out again.

I covered my growl by clearing my throat and replied "Hi yes, is King Aros there?" I questioned. My wolf needs to chill, she needs to stop jumping into conclusions like a freaking rabbit.