Chapter 8 : The Moon

"I have late night conversations with the moon.

He tells me about the sun,

and I tell him about you."

- S.L. Gray

.

.

.

.

.

I miss him.

It's been 4 days since I've last seen him and I miss him. My wolf is getting restless from being away from her mate too long and to be quite honest I was getting restless too.

It turns out Hunter's way to 'contact' me was through notes that I would get from either Jeremy or Jace. I personally think this is way too old fashioned, I mean c'mon, there's this thing called a phone that helps you communicate better.

I sighed looking out my window and made eye contact with Jace, Hunter's third in command and currently my babysitter.

I nodded at him to come inside and he immediately walked in.

"How can I help you Luna?" He said with a small smile on his face. Jace is totally the opposite of Jeremy. He's playful and seems to be much more of a smiler than a smirker, which is so much better.

"Yeah, can you please do me a favor?" I took a piece of paper and wrote my number in it and quickly folding it and handing it over to Jace.

"Can you please just give this to Hunter and tell him to contact me through this number, and tell him the letter sending thing is getting too old for me."

He laughed and took the paper from my hand, "Well, other girls would think that sending letters instead of texts would rather be romantic."

I rolled my eyes at his words, "Yeah, well I think it's completely unnecessary and a waste of paper. And Jace, when can I see him again? My wolf is becoming restless each day." I groaned out the last part and walked over to the couch and plopping down on it.

Soon after Jace plopped down next to me and threw his feet on top of the table.

"Well Luna, he has been pretty busy these past few days, there's a problem on the Northern border and it's beginning to get under the King's skin. But I could ask him now and see if you could go to the Palace."

"Can you please do so?" I looked over towards him with a pout.

He laughed and shook his head before mind linking Hunter. His eyes clouded over and a minute later it was back to his usual green eyes.

He looked at me with a sad look in his eyes and I instantly got the message. "I'm sorry Lea, His Highness isn't in the castle right now."

I frowned at the information i just received, he didn't tell me anything about being away.

"Where is he then? And when's he gonna be back?"

Jace looked hesitant to tell me at first, but he just sighed and said "The northern border, he won't be back for at least 4 day."

I scoffed at his words, "That little shit..", I whispered under my breath. Jace whipped around faster then I've ever seen him after hearing my words. I didn't care if Hunter was my King, he was my mate above anything and yet he didn't tell me about being away for that long? Yeah, totally not cool.

What angered me the most was that I have no way to contact him. I stared at the stupid note that was lying on the table. What is something were to happen to him and he couldn't reach me?