Chapter 18 : The News

"I found a guy, told me I was a star,
He held the door held my hand in the dark,
And he's perfect on paper but he's lying to my face,
Does he think that I'm the kinda girl who needs to be saved?"
- All I want, Olivia Rodrigo
.
.
.
.
.
Stepping inside the school grounds, I've noticed a difference in the students of Edmonton High. Kids that would usually be busy preparing for their classes or is running around trying to get to their class on time was suddenly standing around in the halls and everyone was buzzing.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and tried to listen what got everyone so hyped this morning while making my way to my locker. When I say everyone was buzzing, I meant it. My hearing couldn't even pick up what one student was saying before it was overlapped by another's.

I looked around as I reached my locker, mumbling a small "Excuse me" to a student that was leaning against it. Earning me a glare while they proceed to move and continue on.

Everyone got their phones out and was pointing at something on it. I was gonna try to steal a glance when a hand suddenly pulled my shoulder, making me turn around.

Sierra stood there with her eyes wide opened. Her expression looked shocked and I grew worried.

"What happened? Why's everyone so busy this morning?" I asked, turning to my locker and grabbing the book I need before closing it again.

"You haven't seen the news?" She asked quickly.

"Uhm...no not really...why?" I asked.

She thrusted the phone directly in front of my face and I had to move back a bit to see what she was trying to show.

"The King's getting married!" She said.

My heart dropped hearing those words and my brain was trying to comprehend what the hell was going on. I took the phone from her and proceed to read the news.

Incoming! Royal Wedding of The Century

With greath delight, the press secretary of Velfaye Kingdom, Rudy Lee, has announced the engagement of Princess Rianna Light to King Aros earlier in a press conference held by the kingdom.

"The engagement would symbolize the unfication of the two kingdom and will bring much benefits in the nearing future." He said.

Although it was not specified exactly when the wedding is going to take place, Lee reassured that it won't be long before the new couple will make their decision.

Well folks! I guess it's safe to say, we are now on the lookout for the wedding of the century!

My heart was shattered. Words are not able to leave my mouth and I can almost see my world collapsing around me. My eyes watered with unshed tears and my wolf was howling out her misery, the sound making my head pound.

I stumbled a bit while holding my head. I was confused, angry and heartbroken. Why does this keep happening to me? First the whispers, my eyes, and now this. A wolf can only take so much.

I gasped out a breath I didn't know I was holding and suddenly I realized an anxiety attack was bubbling inside of me.

I wrecked my brain, trying to get ahold of myself. I heard my mom telling me in my head to do the "54321" method.

It was something she always made me do whenever an attack came. 5 things I can see. 4 things I can hear, 3 things I can feel, 2 things I can smell and 1 thing I can taste.

I could hear Sierra softly shaking me, asking if I'm alright.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just shocked." I told her, leaning on my locker for support.