Chapter Three

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Loki said to his brother innocently.

        They didn't call him the God of Lies for nothing. If I hadn't been the girl in question and hadn't happened to also be hiding behind Tony Stark's bar in an attempt to not be noticed, I would have believed him. However, to me, it was obvious he was lying, and it appeared that Thor knew as well.

        "You cannot fool me, brother," Thor told him. "Heimdall sent me a vision, and unlike you, he speaks the truth. Always."

        The other Avengers started to look around the room for signs of a girl, but I decided that whether or not I didn't want them to find me, it would be better for me to turn myself in then to have them tear the place apart. It wouldn't take much for them to spot me anyhow. As I twirled around the bar to stand up, I saw Thor lock handcuffs that seemed to be a bit more enhanced than normal ones around Loki's wrists.

        "I'm right here," I said defeatedly, raising my hands in the same way Loki had done when they showed up.

        Immediately, two of the Avengers, whom I recognized as Iron Man and Black Widow had grabbed my arms. What did they think I would do? With the force they were using to hold me, it wouldn't take long for my skin to bruise, and if they tightened there grip anymore, I was afraid my bones might break.

        "Hey!" I yelled, trying to pull my arms away from them as they lead me toward Thor. "What the heck do you think you're doing?"

        "What were you doing up here with a terrorist?" Tony asked rudely.

        "Talking, is that a crime?" I retaliated, my pale face turning red with anger.

        They let go as soon as I was in front of Thor who had just put what resembled a muzzle over Loki's mouth. Thor looked up from his brother and proceeded to then look over me.

        "Are you the lady whom I talked to while I was fighting?" he questioned, though his face told me that he knew the answer.

        "Well, if you want to get technical," I mused, smirking.

        "I believe it is in your best interest to answer straightly, my lady."

        "Then yes, I was the girl wailing in the streets. You bought my story so quickly. It was kind of funny."

        "Do I appear to be laughing?" he replied with a straight face.

        I bit my lip, noticing Loki's eyes gleaming in amusement. At least someone found it funny, or Loki enjoyed the predicament I managed to get myself into.

        "No," I mumbled.

        "What is your name?"

        "Winter, Winter Edwards."

        "And do you have a family, Lady Winter?"

        "No," I answered without hesitation. They might legally be my family, but I had no reason to think of them as such.

        One of the Avengers dressed in light blue and silver, gave me a pitiful look. Her caramel hair was in a short bob. She had been scolding Tony for being too rough with me earlier but stopped to sympathize with my response to Thor's question.

        "Then I must ask of you to come to Asgard with me."

        The rest of his team looked at him, questioning the reason for his decision. My eyes widened at the idea of getting to go to the place I'd only read about over and over, but I quickly calmed myself. If he's bringing me there because he thinks I did something wrong, then giving him reason to think I'd want to go would only leave me here with my parents, bored for eternity.