Chapter Eight ~ fair pt. 3

M I N Y O U N G S
POV
"Wah look at that Haechan!" I exclaim as I point to the Ferris wheel. I've always wanted to go on one but never did.

"Do you want to go on it?" He asks, I can feel the vibrations from him talking through his back.

"Can we?" I ask as I wrap my arms back around his neck. Looking up at the beautiful sunset, the orange and pink colours painted across the sky.

"Yep, anything for you" Haechan laughs as we take the fast lane, they let us on and he gently puts me down. Sitting beside me.

"Have you ever been on one before?" I excitedly ask when it moves for the next people to get on.

"Only once before, I was a third wheel on a date" he cringes.

"Thats the worst, I've also been the third wheel a couple times" I sympathize. It's true, I've been a third wheel on a couple of Lucas' dates. I'm pretty sure I'm the reason why he never got a text back, they all think that we like each other.

"Have you ever been on a date?" He asks as the wheel moves again for the next people.

"Nope, not even with Jackson. Weird I know. I always brought it up but he'd quickly change the subject" I laugh bitterly as I recall all the moments I suggested going on a date to him.

Haechan looks at me surprised, "well I guess I'll have to take you on your first date" he shrugs, a grin on his face.

"What? No you don't have to Haechan" I shake my head, I really don't want him to pity me.

"Nonsense, I'm sure you're dying to go on a date with me anyways. I mean look at me, I'm so cute" he flips fake hair over his shoulder as he poses.

I laugh, "mm what a big ego"

He laughs and sneakily scoots closer to me when we get near the top. "It's not the only thing that's big" he whispers.

I choke on my spit, making me cough. "What?!"

"I was talking about my heart... Omo. Am I hanging out with a pervert?" He slides away hiding his lap with his hands.

I shake my head, "no no no, I'm not a pervert. You said it suggestively and in a whisper!"

He scoots closer once again as we get to the top, "guess I'm about to kiss a pervert"

My eyes widen as I stare at him. What is he talking about?

He starts to lean in, his eyes trained on my lips. My eyes shut as he gets closer and closer, when I don't feel anything I open my eyes. Haechan is no longer beside me and centimetres away but on the other side of the ride laughing.

"Did you think I was gonna kiss you?" He laughs.

"That's not funny Donghyuck" I cross my arms and look out at all the people walking beneath us, I spot our group of friends sitting on a bench eating.

I can still hear Donghyuck laughing as we come to a stop. "Whatever, I see our friends" I grumble as I get up and walk off the ride, ignoring the pain in my ankle.

"Minyoung-ah wait" Donghyuck says as he catches up with me.

"Did you really want to kiss me that badly?" He asks, teasing me.

"No" I answer, speeding up.

"It sure looked like it" he giggles.

I roll my eyes, "please don't play with me Donghyuck" he seems to get that I'm hurt and stops laughing.

We finally reach the group with Haechan trailing behind me with his head hung low.

"Where did you guys go?" I ask as plop down next to Jaemin giving my throbbing ankle a rest.