Chapter Twenty Five

M I N Y O U N G

My eyebrows raise as I read the text Jaemin had just sent me.

Jaeminie: Come to the SM building, I've got a surprise for you!

Without really thinking it through I get ready, leaving within minutes. This better be good, I left my precious couch and chips for you.

It didn't take long to actually get to the SM building, there were a couple of fans outside; waiting to get a glimpse of their favourite idols.

"Pssst" I turn my head towards the very inconspicuous whisper, and what I see is even more inconspicuous.

Jaemin is standing there, in complete black and is wearing a mask and sunglasses. He chose the most obvious 'disguise' ever.

I shake my head with a smile and walk over to him, his hand reaching for my own and pulling me into the building.

"What's this surprise?" I ask as soon as the fans are out of sight.

"Wow. Hello to you too Minyoung, I'm great thank you" Jaemin rolls his eyes sarcastically but his signature smile is bright as always.

"That's not what I asked" I say, my curiosity burning.

"You'll see soon" he says as we enter the elevator, he presses the button for the top floor.

"What business do you have up there?" I ask, knowing that's where the CEOs office, a bunch of other offices and meeting rooms are.

He doesn't answer me but instead just smiles at me. I raise my eyebrows at him but he just turns away.

The door opens to the floor, a long— almost ominous looking hallway ahead of us. Jaemin walks out, grabbing the back of my hood and pulling me.

As I'm forced to turn around as he has my hood I try to look around at him, "Jaemin! What are you doing?"

Again my question is left unanswered as we stop at a door. Jaemin knocks on it and I hear a faint 'come in' voiced from the other side.

Jaemin opens the door, removing his hand from my hood and placing it on the small of my back and slowly guiding me into the room.

I look around cluelessly as I stare at the members of dream, minus Haechan. A weight being lifted off of my shoulders.

I look over at the other side of the room to see some SM officials sitting there, including the big man himself. Kim Youngmin, the current CEO of the well known company.

      I quickly bow to the officials, my sudden nervousness showing from being put on the spot. "Hello, it's nice to meet you" I say in a quiet voice.

What in the hell am I doing here? As soon as we're out of this room Jaemin is getting a well deserved punch on the shoulder.

They nod their heads at me and Jaemin guides me to a seat, dragging it out and pushing it back in for me once I'm seated. Normally I would've blushed at the gesture but not under these awkward circumstances.

"Do you know why you're here today?" A man asks me, leaning forwards and crossing his arms. Not gonna lie, I feel pretty intimidated right now.

"To be honest, no" I shake my head, I'm really confused.

Confused and intimidated, not the best combination.

"We understand that you have gone to a prestigious performing arts school in Canada and majored in acting and dancing, correct?" Youngmin asks.