Chapter Twenty Four ~ Fresh Start

M I N Y O U N G S
POV

For the first time in what seems like forever, I actually woke up later than 5 am on a weekday.

    I yawn as I stretch, my white covers falling to the ground as I do. Hitting the ground with a light thud.

    "Way to go, now I'm cold" I hear someone groan from beside me. I look over in shock as I see Jaemin laying beside me, his eyes closed.

    "Jaeminie.. why are you here?" I say, my voice coming out somewhat scratchy.

    "You don't remember? I dropped you off and you pulled me in, saying I should wait until the van leaves. And while I was 'waiting it out' you cracked open a bottle of wine and we ended up here" he explains; slightly opening an eye.

    My eyes widen, oh of course I would do that. I shouldn't have done that.

    "We didn't.. do anything. Did we?" I ask, my face inevitably getting warmer.

    "No. You tried though, but I rejected it" he muttered, falling back asleep.

    My heart stings after that, I kinda thought we had something.. so why would he reject me?

    Is it just that we're just good friends and we don't actually have anything?

    I suddenly feel uncomfortable laying in the same bed as him, getting out; laying the blanket over him and leaving the room, grabbing my phone as I do.

    I close the door and take a deep breath, holding my hand to my chest. Maybe it's best if I just stay alone?

    I walk down the narrow hall of my two bedroom apartment, noticing just how bare the walls are. I should get some art to hang up or something.

    Making my way to the main living area where my small-ish kitchen is— I don't really know how to cook so I just order food. I sit down on the couch, placing my legs up on the other side.

    Pulling out my phone and texting my brother.

Minyoung: I think I messed up T-T

Ten: why?

Minyoung: got drunk with Jaemin here and my drunk self apparently tried to make a move on him..

Ten: you're joking right?
Ten: you're not joking are you... Minyounggg how could you do this to yourself?

Minyoung: bitch I don't know, self destruction maybe

Ten: So you tried to make a move.. did it work??

Minyoung: ..No T-T.
Minyoung: I didn't mean to, I didn't even know I wanted to do anything to him in a romantic way.

Ten: drunk you is a mystery that no one can solve.
Ten: but I thought he liked you, do you know why he rejected you?

Minyoung: maybe I'm revolting

Ten: in some ways

Minyoung: ouch, thanks bro.

    "Who are you so furiously texting this early in the morning? I could hear the keyboard clicks all the way from your bed" Jaemin groans as he shuffles down the hallway, rubbing his eyes.

    It only took me a millisecond to realize that he was shirtless, my eyes basically bulging out of my head. They do a quick scan of his abs, they weren't prominent but he definitely has some and then they travel up to his biceps and arms.

    What can I say? I'm a sucker for arms.

    "Enjoying the view huh?" He smirks, some of his pearly white teeth showing. I blink furiously and turn away, my face getting warm.