Chapter Fifteen ~ New beginnings

H A E C H A N S
POV
(Finally it's his 😂)

I let a smile break out as I get into my room, closing the door behind me. I really just kissed her huh? I jump onto my bed, grabbing one of my pillows and hugging it.

    The event replays in my mind, a second went by without her kissing me back — I was about to pull away but then she kissed me back.

    My door opens and I look towards it with happiness, "Haechan have you seen my- why are you so happy?" Taeyong asks, his eyebrow raised.

    I'm about to answer when Minyoung shows up behind Taeyong, scaring him.

    "Ah!- oh its you, ooohhh it's youuu" Taeyong says, realizing she's why I'm so happy. Minyoung smiles at him before coming into my room, sitting beside me. My arm immediately wrapping around her.

    He looks at my arm with suspicion but shakes his head, "Anyway have you seen my charger?" He asks.

    "Oh I saw one by the door when your mom let me in, it could be yours" Minyoung says, Taeyong smiles and walks off.

    "So where were we..." I smile cheekily as I inch closer to her.

    "Ya! I came here to study" she says, grabbing her books out of her bag.

    I sigh as I look at them, I know she's smart enough to pass. She just doesn't like to put effort into it.

    I nod as we start studying, the day quickly turning to night. "Do you wanna go for a walk?" She asks with a yawn, taking her hair out of the bun it was in earlier.

    I nod my head, helping her put her books away. "Wah now you're acting sweet, all it took was a kiss huh" she teases making me blush.

    "Me? I was always sweet. You're just too lazy to put your books away so I did it for you" I laugh awkwardly, standing up and putting my jacket on.

    "Oh sure, by the way is it cold out right now? I didn't bring a jacket" she pouts at her feet, making my heart melt. My eyes widen and I jump at the opportunity to see her in one of my hoodies again.

    I open my closet and pull out my Micheal Jackson hoodie and throwing it at her. She lets out a sound of surprise and slides it off her head.

    "What's this?" She asks, looking up at me with her beautiful eyes.

    "A sweater?" I ask, feigning confusion.

    "Thank you Haechanie" Minyoung smiles, my heart fluttering when she uses the endearment.

    Minyoung gets up from her spot on the bed, sliding the hoodie over her head. It's slightly oversized on her, giving her sweater paws.

    "Why are you staring?" She asks, eyebrows raised.

    I clear my throat and look away, "no reason... just that you're beautiful" I smile at her.

    She laughs and hides her face, "I'll never get used to that"

    "Jagi~" I sing song as I walk up to her, slinging my arms around her. Her eyes widen in reaction to me calling her honey.

    A smile makes its way to her face, and she wraps her arms around my waist — resting her head on my chest. My heart is pounding, she can probably hear it right now.

    "Haechanie... your heart is pounding" she says softly, "mine is too" she tells me.

    I smile and rest my head on top of hers, truly content in this moment. Of course good times don't always last.

    "Haechan do you have any dirty- oh" my mom comes in, stopping in her tracks when she sees us. Letting it sink in for a moment. We immediately separate, feeling uncomfortable.

    "Oh! Hello Minyoung" she smiles at her, surprised that she walked in on our moment.

    Minyoung bows to her, a perfect 90 degree angle. "Hello."

    My mom asks her a couple friendly questions about how she's been doing lately.

    "So what happened with Jackson" my mom asks, my eyes widen.

    "Mom, I don't have any dirty dishes in here and we're about to leave so bye" I grab Minyoungs hand and bag, pulling her out behind me and leaving my mom in my room.

    Our feet hitting against the stairs as we go down. The front door is only a few steps away from the bottom of the stairs.

    "I gotta put my shoes on" Minyoung speaks up, stopping us. She kneels down to put her shoes on but since she's still sleepy she's really wobbly.

    "Let me do it" I say, kneeling down and grabbing her sneakers. I lightly grab the back of her ankle and guiding her foot in, once it's in I tie her laces. After I'm done with the left foot I do the same to the other.

    I stand up, noticing how close we had gotten. She's just staring into my eyes, her hair covering a third of her face. As an impulse I brush the hair behind her ear, admiring her.

    "What?" She asks, I can see the taint of pink appearing on her cheeks. She's looking down at her feet and playing with her fingers.

    A small smile takes over my lips, and I lean in — placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Nothing" I mutter as I pull away.

    "Wow, who knew you could be so romantic" Jaehyun Hyung says as he passes by. I see Minyoung widen her eyes and her head whips to the guy who just passed by.

    "Oh hello Jaehyun oppa" she smiles towards him, not gonna lie I felt a small twinge of jealousy.

    I grab her hand, opening the door and leaving with her before he could talk.

    "Why are you pulling me away?" She whines, her footsteps heavy as she resists only a bit.

    "Because you used to have a crush on him, I heard about it from Chenle" I tell her, letting go of her hand.

    "Oh but that was like a year ago, I don't like him like that anymore" she says, grabbing my hand again. "I like you, I'm dating you. Unlike Jackson I would never cheat"

    Her words, calm my jealousy and I bring her in for a hug. "Ooo I'm so lucky to have you" I smile contently.

    "Okay let's go to the park" she smiles.

    The night sky is clear and through all the light pollution a few stars are shining through. The wind only blowing enough to move a few strands of hair — the perfect amount.

    The park comes into view, the big old playground sitting proudly in the middle. Over the years the park owners had taken care of it well, it still looks brand new even though it's 17 years old.

    It's where Minyoung and I met, she went down the slide and I was running past it and she slid right into me and into my life.

    "What are you thinking about?" She asks as we step foot on the pebbles covering the playground area — the rocks shifting under our weight.

"I'm thinking of how we met"